In this episode of 3DPOD, Max and I were joined by Ramon Pastor, Interim President, 3D Printing and Digital Manufacturing, HP inc. He is responsible for HP’s 3D Multi Jet Fusion business and heads up HP’s Barcelona Campus, as well. We interviewed Pastor previously about adding value with AM and he wrote an article for 3DPrint.com about making the world better through AM. This time, we caught up with him to talk about HP’s progress and newest releases.
HP recently released polypropylene as a material which I was very excited about. The company also partnered with Oechsler, added FastRadius to its network of service providers, and printed millions of parts for COVID-19. We spoke to Pastor about all of that and more in what was a thoroughly enjoyable conversation for us. We hope that you will enjoy it as well. Give it a Listen.
In previous episodes, we also had the pleasure of talking to Terry Wohlers, had a discussion about decentralized manufacturing, got to talk to Materialise CEO Fried Vancraen, EOS CEO Marie Langer, Ty Pollak from Open Additive, and have had conversations about the ethics of 3D printing, 3D printing for COVID, and about handheld scanning. Other episodes included the following:
- People we admire in 3D printing
- An interview with Greg Paulson about 3D printing trends
- Velo3D’s Zach Murphy talked about Velo’s technology and development
- An interview with Formalloy’s Melanie Lang on directed energy deposition
- Greg Paulsen of Xometry discussed 3D printing applications and 3D printing at scale
- Here we discuss 3D printing in space
- We interviewed pioneering designer Scott Summit, as he crosses Amsterdam on a bicycle.
- We talk to Janne Kyttanen, another pioneering designer in 3D Printing.
- 3D printing in medicine.
- 3D-printed guns.
- Interview with 3D scanning pioneer Michael Raphael.
- 3D printers in the classroom, panacea or not?
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution, what is happening now?
- We’re all going to live forever with bioprinting.
- The first episode: Beyond PLA.
You May Also Like
3D Printed Injection Molding and Anisotropy Targeted by Covestro
Upon acquiring the Functional Materials unit of Royal DSM, Covestro has been busy developing new 3D printing materials for a variety of applications. These range from TPU for insoles to...
3D Printing Innovator’s Roundtable Webinar: Ditching DfAM and Embracing Design Freedom
In an industry where change is constant and unpredictable, professionals across the manufacturing industry have turned to additive manufacturing (AM) to overcome design and supply chain challenges. But conventional AM...
3D Printing News Briefs, September 11, 2021: Rocket Nozzles, Ghost Guns, & More
In today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, Stratasys is the first founding partner of nFrontier’s Emerging Technologies Center in Berlin, which is looking to become one of Europe’s top facilities of...
3D Printing Webinar and Event Roundup: September 5, 2021
Buckle up, it’s a busy week of webinars and events ahead! From oxygen content in titanium grades and 3D printed orthotics and prosthetics to saving money in the GrabCAD Shop...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.