Last September, a company called Rapide 3D launched an Indiegogo campaign to fund the Rapide Lite 200 3D printer. It was touted as an ‘affordable high resolution 3D printer’, and was priced at just $999 for early backers. When all was said and done, the campaign raised a total of $329,262, allowing Rapide 3D to begin full scale production.
Today, Ethan Hunt, CEO of Rapide 3D, has informed 3DPrint.com that they plan to launch yet another Indiegogo campaign for another 3D printer this coming March.
“Following our highly successful campaign on Indiegogo for Rapide Lite 200, we will be going for a second round of funding for our latest creation, the Rapide Lite 200XL, a commercial quality desktop 3D printer with a build height of 400mm,” Hunt tells 3DPrint.com. “The Rapide Lite 200 campaign raised over $300,000 in just over 30 days, and less than 3 months later more than 700 of the 200 version have been delivered to contributors with rave reviews for the quality of build and precision of the printer.”
The new 3D printer, which offers a massive 16,000 cubic cm build volume, with a footprint of just 350×380 mm, will also be priced starting at just $999 for super early bird contributors. For those who don’t get in early enough, the price will still remain low at just $1199, including shipping.
As for the specifications of the new 200XL, they are as follows:
- Footprint: 360 x 350 x 380mm
- Build Size: 200 x 200 x 400mm
- Build Volume: 16,000cm3
- Control Board: ARM 32bit
- Control Interface: 2.8” Full Color Touch Screen
- Printing Material: PLA, ABS, PVA, HIPPS, Lay, Polymax
- Filament Size: 1.75mm and 3.0mm
- Minimum Layer Height: Up to 50 microns
- Print Speed: Up to 150mm per second
- Material Type: Non- Proprietary ($25kg)
- Mechanism: Core XY
- Positioning Accuracy: 10 micron X and Y
- Total Weight: 15kg (approx)
- Operating System: Window, Mac, Linux
- Print Bed: Precision Heated Aluminum (3mm)
- Connection: USB, SD Card
- LCD Screen: 2.8” Full Color Touch Screen
- Extruder Type: Rapide 3D Q Extruder
- Number of Extruders: 1 (.04mm)
- X Axis: X Wing Technology
- Chassis: Anodized 5026 Aluminum
- Frame: Anodized 5026 Aluminum
- Components: Anodized 5026 Aluminum
If you are interested in being notified of the launch of the Indiegogo campaign, you can sign up to the Rapide 3D notification email list today.
“The last campaign was highly successful and we expect this one to exceed the last one, based on the fact we delivered on time and with a substantially better printer than first promised,” said Hunt. “The response has been awesome from contributors who are all raving about the print quality and comparing Rapide Lite 200 to many other brands.”
It should be interesting to see how the upcoming campaign performs. Rapide 3D has made quite a good name for themselves with the way in which they handled things with their initial campaign. The Rapide Lite 200 3D printer has proven to be the high quality, affordable printer that they promised. What do you think about this latest 3D printer from Rapide 3D? Will you be backing it when their campaign when it launches in the middle of March? Discuss in the Rapide Lite 200XL forum thread on 3DPB.com.