Italy is one of the countries who is quickly jumping onto the 3D printing bandwagon. Today, an Italian company based in Florence, called Kentstrapper, has unveiled a brand new customizable 3D printer, the Galileo Smart.
The new device prints high quality objects without the need for a large amount of electricity. The Galileo Smart only uses 60 watts of power during normal operation. The company has also paid attention to noise, keeping this new printer at a very low decibel level, while also making it lightweight, and designed with strong, but sustainable materials.
Customization is not something that is usually offered to 3D printer enthusiasts. The Galileo, however, allows users to customize their device prior to purchase in several ways. Customers can choose from various colors which include black, red and yellow, as well as add their own custom logo or lettering to the printer. In addition a lighting system is also an option for the printer, so that your prints will never be in the dark. There are also two main packages you can choose from:
- The stand-alone package, which includes an LCD screen and SD card module, to allow for the use of the device without a computer hook up.
- The Advanced Mechanical package, which includes two stepper motors with trapezoidal screw, a nut, and a set of aluminum pulleys with their GT2 belts.
The Specifications of the base Galileo Smart printer are as follows:
- Printer Dimensions: 430 x 560 x 420 mm
- Printer Weight: 6.5 kg
- Build Envelope: 200 x 200 x 160mm
- Nozzle Diameter (mm): 0.406mm
- Layer Thickness (mm): 0.09 mm optional 0.06 mm
- Speed: 10 to 150 mm/s
- Printer Software: Cura, Repetier Host, Slic3r
- Power supply: 12 volts 230 vac
The printer can be purchased at the Kentstrapper website for €799 ($1,110), and requires an order lead time of 14-28 days. Checkout the Galileo Smart forum thread. Here is a quick video showing this new device:
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
Upload your 3D Models and get them printed quickly and efficiently.