Boy, has today been an exciting day, at least if you enjoy hearing about new 3D printers coming to market. In what will be the forth new printer announcement of the day, Beijing Tiertime Technology Co. Ltd. (Tiertime), creator of the popular UP Plus 2, and UP Mini 3D printers, has announced the latest addition to their printer line, the UP BOX 3D printer.
As Asia’s largest 3D printing solution provider in the global 3D printing market, the company certainly has a strong following. Both their UP Mini, and UP Plus 2 machines have been selling on Amazon with solid ratings. This latest printer will be their best yet, at least according to the specs released by the company earlier today, which include the following:
- Build Envelope: 255 x 205 x 205 mm
- Layer Resolution: Up to 0.1 mm (100 micron)
- Printer Size: 485 x 520 x 495 mm
- Printer Weight: 20 kg
- Filament Compatibility: 1.75mm ABS Plastic Filament and PLA which is ideal for lost wax or investment casting
- Connectivity: USB
If you wanted a fully loaded 3D printer, then the UP BOX is what you are looking for. Some of the key features included in this new machine are as follows:
- Seamless print experience with the automated calibration feature. The platform will level without any human intervention.
- Fully enclosed build chamber which will cut down drastically on noise (only 51 decibels), while also keeping fumes from reaching outside the chamber via a HEPA filter.
- 30% faster than Tiertime’s previous top of the line 3D Printer, the UP Plus 2
- Incredibly well engineered with an internal steel chassis
- Easy filament color changing with the press of a button
“Our goal is to be the most reliable provider of 3D technologies and solutions to our customers around the world,” said Tiertime’s General Manager, Mr. Guo Ge, “The UP BOX is proof that we meet the needs of professional users and demonstrate Tiertime’s continuing leadership in 3D technology.”
The UP BOX will be available starting in November, and be priced at $1,899, which includes a 500g spool of 1.75mm ABS filament. Like Tiertime’s two other 3D printers, this one will also be available for purchase on Amazon.com, and come with the Smart Support software which automatically adds easy to remove supports to a print, where necessary.
Let us know your thoughts on this new machine. Discuss in the UP BOX forum thread on 3DPB.com. Check out the video below showing some of the key features of the UP Box, as well as some more photos.