If you’ve ever been to one of our booths at the various trade shoes we attend, you would know that 3DPrint.com loves giving back to the community, via cool prizes and valuable industry insight. We cherish each and every one of our readers, and value their following. Today, along with our sister site and the world’s largest general purpose 3D printing forum, 3DPB.com, as well as the team at MyMiniFactory.com, we are kicking off yet another giveaway. Every week, My Mini Factory, 3DPB.com and 3DPrint.com will give away awesome new 3D printed prizes. Not just any 3D prints, but professionally designed, printed and finished pieces that will make you the envy of all your friends and neighbors.
This week, thanks to designer Elliott Viles at My Mini Factory, we are giving away an amazing 3D Printed, and professionally finished Han Solo Blaster from Star Wars (shown in images throughout this page). My Mini Factory currently offers the gun, without finishing, on their website. Because you guys are awesome and so is My Mini Factory, we are able to give one away to a lucky winner, in addition to a few other cool prizes just for participating in this contest. And best of all it’s incredibly simple to enter!
- #1 Be sure to “Like” both 3DPrint.com’s Facebook page & MyMiniFactory.com’s Facebook Page
- #2 Share This Post on Facebook
- #3 Write a paragraph that’s at least 4 sentences long telling us why you want to win the Han Solo Blaster as well as what you would do with it if you did win. (Be creative, whether it’s a tear jerker, makes us cry from laughter, or simply is an enjoyment to read). Post this paragraph as a reply on 3DPB.com here, along with your full name (as it appears on Facebook so that we can check that you have met requirements #1 and #2).
- #4 Sit back and wait until Saturday for the winners to be announced on the 3DPB.com forum thread here.
- Grand Prize: The Han Solo Blaster from MyMiniFactory, shipped to your door
- 1st through 3rd prizes: A $10 Amazon.com gift card
How We Choose The Winners:
Quite simply, the writers at 3DPrint.com will read over all entries submitted below, between the time this post was initially made until Friday at 8PM EST. They will then discuss among themselves which entries they feel deserve the four prizes above. Majority wins! Winners will have exactly one week to contact us via private message on the forum to claim their prizes.
About the Han Solo 3D Printed Blaster:
This spectacular piece was designed by Elliott Viles to help celebrate the announcement of the new Star Wars film several months back. For those unfamiliar with the Han Solo Blaster, it is a DL-44 sidearm weapon used by many groups of individuals within the films. It was popular because of its ability to be easily modified and because of its rather lethal firing action. This blaster typically would be found with a motion sensitive scope and a system to alert the user when they are running low on ammunition.
Of course the blaster that we are giving away here is only a toy, so don’t get any ideas. The 3D printed blaster has been printed and finished professionally at My Mini Factory. In total, it took them a staggering 900 minutes to print at a 200 micron accuracy.
This awesome 3D print can be yours. Enter the contest here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?14030-Win-An-Awesome-3D-Printed-amp-Painted-Star-Wars-Han-oSlo-Blaster-From-My-Mini-Factory!