CGTrader allows 3D printing designers to share models to modify, download, or print with a service such as 3D Hubs, and for the past few months they have provided us with a Top Ten list that includes “Top Downloaded” and “Top Viewed” 3D models. If the theme of last month’s list was hands, this month’s list includes several Paris-inspired models from le FabShop and a diverse array that show the wide range of CGTrader designers and available items. The following is this past month’s list of Top Downloaded and Top Viewed 3D Printable Models.
Top Downloaded 3D Printable Models
1. 615 mm Eiffel Tower If your goal is to always have Paris, CGTrader offers some excellent printable options for you that also appear to be a hit with people downloading models. Le FabShop, a Paris-based 3D design studio, does the honors with this large and orange Eiffel Tower standing at 615 mm tall. B9 Creations came up with the initial design, and le FabShop reports they simply had to use Netfabb to slice the model into 7 major parts that were then glued together with epoxy. Then, in the spirit of France’s Statue of Liberty, they sent one to MakerBot!
2. Elephant Le FabShop also made it to second and third place on this month’s most downloaded models, with its Elephant model coming in at second place. The designers report they were inspired by all of Paris’ large puppets, with the most well known being a large elephant the size of a building, and so they decided to make a printable puppet-like elephant too.
3. Famous Paris Buildings To complete the Parisian theme, le FabShop continues its architectural focus with several more available models including the Louvre Pyramid; the Madeleine Church; the Arc de Triomphe; the Sacre-coure Basilica; and the Notre Dame. You can download and print the city of Paris now, and from the looks of things, many people have already done just that!
4. Garrett Steam Engine Designer “johnjoephilip” provides the files and a breakdown in the next most downloaded model based on a Garrett compound steam engine from 1880. This engine is 1/6 of the original scale and uses one high and one low pressure cylinder — and it is designed using the same principle used with steam locomotives.
5. glChess Chess Set 2
Chess sets always seem to be popular printable items, and this is a new one posted by “timedwards” that duplicates a chess set from a glChess and Linux screensaver hack called “endgame.” This is a modified version of his previous set he claims was more difficult to slice, and all overhangs have been changed to 45 degrees in this set with the exception of the knight. The set is also scaled to a standard chess board for your downloading, printing, and playing enjoyment.
Top Viewed 3D Printable Models
1. Lucy A Christian Angel Statue For top viewed model, “anavriN” brings us Lucy A Christian Angel Statue designed in Stanford’s computer graphics lab. This classic and noble looking angel statue’s design is quite detailed, as she stands bare-footed, with a torch in her hands, wearing a long robe-like dress. anavriN reports that she was designed using 3D Studio Max, ZBrush, and Photoshop.
2. Heavy Bike 3D Model
“3rdimension” has made a “Heavy Bike” 3D model available printed in plastic, polished plastic, or resin in a variety of colors for $144.76 — or you can purchase its files. The bike stands at 54.45 mm wide, is 176.33 mm high, and it has a 74.54 mm depth boasting many accurate details that have it looking like a miniature version of an older vintage ride.
3. Infinity Heart
Valentine’s Day was last month and this Infinity Heart was the most viewed heart related ceramic item at CGTrader. “Artmax” 3D shop has cleverly designed two cups that, when joined together, become one heart. Standing at 13 x 5.73 x 7.97 cm, the cups are functional for everyday use, but according to the designer, they represent much more than functionality. As Artmax describes: “Infinity Heart has the ability to make two human beings remember each other more often” — which is always a good thing.
4. Cool DNA
If you are a science buff or just like being surrounded by items that remind you of the elemental building blocks of all life forms, Alexey Avduevskiy — “avduevskiy” — has designed a Cool DNA model downloadable for free. Using 3D Studio Max with rendering by V-Ray, this strand of 3D printed DNA has received 3.74K views on the CGTrader website since it was posted.
5. Table E390 Epoca Selva
Also designed in 3D Studio and rendered by V-Ray, this printable design replicates the Italian furniture company Selva’s Lamp Table Verona/Garda. Maker Evgeny, going by “jockermax,” brings a piece of Selva’s Epoca line of handmade furniture closer to us with this free downloadable file that also happens to be our last of the top most viewed printable models for last month from CGTrader.
What do you think about this month’s collection of CGTrader’s most popular designs? How do they stack up against previous months’ collections? Let us know over at the Monthly Top CGTrader forum thread at 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
Photocentric Expands with New 3D Printer, Materials, and Partnerships
Photocentric is the inventor of, and leader in, 3D printing based on LCD screen technology. Based in Cambridgeshire, UK and Arizona, US, the company has a patent in visible light...
Electronics 3D Printing: Analysis of Rogers Corp’s New Dielectric Material for AM
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) has launched its Radix 3D Printable Dielectrics series of products at the IPC APEX EXPO 2022 currently taking place in San Diego. The materials signify an important...
To End Animal Testing, BICO & CCS Push FDA Modernization Act
As the world continues developing alternatives to animal testing like bioprinting, in vitro models of human tissues, and predictive computer models, the demand for live animal testing has become outdated...
$2M in Electronics 3D Printers Sold to Military Customer by Optomec
While we’re still not able to 3D print an entire iPhone at once, electronics 3D printing may be progressing more quickly than most people might notice. A pioneer in this...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.