Last April, 3DPrint.com was invited to attend the Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. We had heard about the show, the speakers, and the exhibitors but we had not previously attended one of these MecklerMedia run events. We were very surprised by the large amount of attendees on hand, as well as the media coverage that the event received. Most interesting though, were the speakers who were on hand to discuss various topics surrounding the 3D printing industry.
This coming April 15-17, MecklerMedia will hold yet another Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo at the Javits Center in New York City. This show, however, is building up to be perhaps the largest of any 3D printing event that the company has held yet. This is because this show is part of a larger, more all encompassing event called 3D Print Week New York, which aims to be a city-wide event that currently includes a free 3D Print Design Show, 3D Print Fashion Show, and more.
The speakers who will be taking part in the Inside 3D Printing Conference include many big names within the industry. They will be giving talks on topics that should create quite a buzz. Some of the headliners include:
- “Twelve Years From Now,” by Jennifer Lawton, CEO of MakerBot
- “Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry,” by Terry Wohlers of Wohlers Associates, Inc.
- “3D Scanning Technologies to Streamline Your Business,” by Artem Yukhin, CEO of Artec 3D
- “3D Medical Printing: From Concept to Clinic, From Education to Regeneration,” by Dr. Scott Hollister, University of Michigan
- “e-NABLE: How Free, Crowdsourced, 3D Printed Prosthetics Offer Helping Hands
in the Global Village,” by Jon Schull, Founder of e-NABLE
- “Metal 3D-Printing Insights: Past, Present and Future,” by Tuan TranPham, ARCAM 3D Printing
- “3D Printing: Disrupting Supply Chains,” by Bram de Zwart, CEO of 3D Hubs
- “3D Design Geometries: Understanding and Applying Generative Microstructures,” by Bradley Rothenberg, studioBRAD
- “Colour 3D Printing: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?” by Dr. Conor MacCormack, CEO of Mcor Technologies
- “The Big Picture on 3D Printing: A VC Perspective,” by Zack Schildhorn, Lux Capital
“The 3D printing industry is a moving target,” said Associate Professor at Cornell University and Conference Chair, Hod Lipson. “This year we tried to create a program that balances updates on the cutting edge technology, as well as coverage of more established trends. We have speakers covering the most recent developments in the 3D printing business, from fashion to aerospace, as well as a range of tutorials to help participants catch up with the basic aspects of processes, materials, software and law.”
This year’s event should be amazing, and 3DPrint.com will not only be there to cover the event, but we are also a co-producer of the event, and will have a booth set up so that we can meet with some of our dedicated readers. Feel free to stop by and say hi!
If you are interested in attending, you can get 10% off by using our special “3DPRINT” promo code at checkout. Will you be at this year’s show? Be sure to let us know in the Inside 3D Printing forum on 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
3D Printing News Unpeeled: BLT, M Holland & Tecnológico de Monterrey
BLT has announced its half year results for 2023 with $2.44 million in profit for the first half year up from a $5.34 million loss last year for the same period....
3D Printing Webinar and Event Roundup: September 24, 2023
We’ve got another eventful week coming up in the 3D printing industry! There are events and conferences in several countries, including the U.S., Canada, and Singapore, and webinars on all...
3D Printing News Briefs, September 16, 2023: Certification, Fuel Cells, Microalgae Ink, & More
In today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, we’re kicking things off with business, as former Waymo legal executive David Tressler joins 6K as its Chief Legal Officer. Moving on, MakerVerse received...
3D Printing News Unpeeled: 16 & 20 lasers & Mighty Buildings Gets $52m
Farsoon Technologies and Bright Laser Technologies (BLT) both unveiled large powder bed fusion machines. Farsoon´s FS1521M has 16 fiber lasers and a 1.5 meters by 850mm Z-axis build volume. BLT´s BLT-S800...
Upload your 3D Models and get them printed quickly and efficiently.