Last April, 3DPrint.com was invited to attend the Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. We had heard about the show, the speakers, and the exhibitors but we had not previously attended one of these MecklerMedia run events. We were very surprised by the large amount of attendees on hand, as well as the media coverage that the event received. Most interesting though, were the speakers who were on hand to discuss various topics surrounding the 3D printing industry.
This coming April 15-17, MecklerMedia will hold yet another Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo at the Javits Center in New York City. This show, however, is building up to be perhaps the largest of any 3D printing event that the company has held yet. This is because this show is part of a larger, more all encompassing event called 3D Print Week New York, which aims to be a city-wide event that currently includes a free 3D Print Design Show, 3D Print Fashion Show, and more.
The speakers who will be taking part in the Inside 3D Printing Conference include many big names within the industry. They will be giving talks on topics that should create quite a buzz. Some of the headliners include:
- “Twelve Years From Now,” by Jennifer Lawton, CEO of MakerBot
- “Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry,” by Terry Wohlers of Wohlers Associates, Inc.
- “3D Scanning Technologies to Streamline Your Business,” by Artem Yukhin, CEO of Artec 3D
- “3D Medical Printing: From Concept to Clinic, From Education to Regeneration,” by Dr. Scott Hollister, University of Michigan
- “e-NABLE: How Free, Crowdsourced, 3D Printed Prosthetics Offer Helping Hands
in the Global Village,” by Jon Schull, Founder of e-NABLE
- “Metal 3D-Printing Insights: Past, Present and Future,” by Tuan TranPham, ARCAM 3D Printing
- “3D Printing: Disrupting Supply Chains,” by Bram de Zwart, CEO of 3D Hubs
- “3D Design Geometries: Understanding and Applying Generative Microstructures,” by Bradley Rothenberg, studioBRAD
- “Colour 3D Printing: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?” by Dr. Conor MacCormack, CEO of Mcor Technologies
- “The Big Picture on 3D Printing: A VC Perspective,” by Zack Schildhorn, Lux Capital
“The 3D printing industry is a moving target,” said Associate Professor at Cornell University and Conference Chair, Hod Lipson. “This year we tried to create a program that balances updates on the cutting edge technology, as well as coverage of more established trends. We have speakers covering the most recent developments in the 3D printing business, from fashion to aerospace, as well as a range of tutorials to help participants catch up with the basic aspects of processes, materials, software and law.”
This year’s event should be amazing, and 3DPrint.com will not only be there to cover the event, but we are also a co-producer of the event, and will have a booth set up so that we can meet with some of our dedicated readers. Feel free to stop by and say hi!
If you are interested in attending, you can get 10% off by using our special “3DPRINT” promo code at checkout. Will you be at this year’s show? Be sure to let us know in the Inside 3D Printing forum on 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
3DPOD Episode 138: Point-of-Care Medical Device 3D Printing with Dr. Steven Kurtz, Drexel University
In this episode of the 3DPOD, we speak to Dr. Steven Kurtz, director of the Implant Research Center at Drexel University’s School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems and...
3DPOD Episode 137: From RepRap to Government Supplier, MatterHackers CEO Lars Brubaker
Coming from the world of gaming, Lars Brubaker started MatterHackers to take part in the 3D printing revolution. Due to his background, he has good war stories: trying to find...
3DPOD Episode 136: Exploring the Boundaries of 3D Printing with Fergal Coulter, ETH Zurich
Fergal Coulter, a postdoctoral research fellow at ETH Zurich, is one of the most interesting scientists working in 3D printing today. His work spans from 3D printing on balloon shapes...
3DPOD Episode 135: Performance 3D Printing Services with Bob Markley, ADDMAN Group
Bob Markley, Executive Vice President at additive manufacturing provider ADDMAN Group, has had an eventful journey in 3D printing. In this episode of the 3DPOD, he discusses the route to...