Last April, 3DPrint.com was invited to attend the Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. We had heard about the show, the speakers, and the exhibitors but we had not previously attended one of these MecklerMedia run events. We were very surprised by the large amount of attendees on hand, as well as the media coverage that the event received. Most interesting though, were the speakers who were on hand to discuss various topics surrounding the 3D printing industry.
This coming April 15-17, MecklerMedia will hold yet another Inside 3D Printing Conference and Expo at the Javits Center in New York City. This show, however, is building up to be perhaps the largest of any 3D printing event that the company has held yet. This is because this show is part of a larger, more all encompassing event called 3D Print Week New York, which aims to be a city-wide event that currently includes a free 3D Print Design Show, 3D Print Fashion Show, and more.
The speakers who will be taking part in the Inside 3D Printing Conference include many big names within the industry. They will be giving talks on topics that should create quite a buzz. Some of the headliners include:
- “Twelve Years From Now,” by Jennifer Lawton, CEO of MakerBot
- “Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry,” by Terry Wohlers of Wohlers Associates, Inc.
- “3D Scanning Technologies to Streamline Your Business,” by Artem Yukhin, CEO of Artec 3D
- “3D Medical Printing: From Concept to Clinic, From Education to Regeneration,” by Dr. Scott Hollister, University of Michigan
- “e-NABLE: How Free, Crowdsourced, 3D Printed Prosthetics Offer Helping Hands
in the Global Village,” by Jon Schull, Founder of e-NABLE
- “Metal 3D-Printing Insights: Past, Present and Future,” by Tuan TranPham, ARCAM 3D Printing
- “3D Printing: Disrupting Supply Chains,” by Bram de Zwart, CEO of 3D Hubs
- “3D Design Geometries: Understanding and Applying Generative Microstructures,” by Bradley Rothenberg, studioBRAD
- “Colour 3D Printing: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?” by Dr. Conor MacCormack, CEO of Mcor Technologies
- “The Big Picture on 3D Printing: A VC Perspective,” by Zack Schildhorn, Lux Capital
“The 3D printing industry is a moving target,” said Associate Professor at Cornell University and Conference Chair, Hod Lipson. “This year we tried to create a program that balances updates on the cutting edge technology, as well as coverage of more established trends. We have speakers covering the most recent developments in the 3D printing business, from fashion to aerospace, as well as a range of tutorials to help participants catch up with the basic aspects of processes, materials, software and law.”
This year’s event should be amazing, and 3DPrint.com will not only be there to cover the event, but we are also a co-producer of the event, and will have a booth set up so that we can meet with some of our dedicated readers. Feel free to stop by and say hi!
If you are interested in attending, you can get 10% off by using our special “3DPRINT” promo code at checkout. Will you be at this year’s show? Be sure to let us know in the Inside 3D Printing forum on 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and recieve information and offers from thrid party vendors.
You May Also Like
American Airlines to Buy 20 Boom Supersonic Airplanes
Upon obtaining a commitment from United Airlines for 15 of its Overture jets, Boom Supersonic has secured yet another deal from a commercial aviation company. American Airlines has ” paid...
Velo3D CEO Benny Buller on Impressive Q2 Earnings – AMS Focus
Though Additive Manufacturing Strategies (February 7-9, 2023) takes place just once a year, the verticals showcased at New York’s only 3D printing event are constantly evolving. AMS Focus highlights these...
3D Printing News Unpeeled, Live with Joris Peels Friday 12th of August
Today we will be talking about a model of a cranium, Prellis Biologics new raise, 3D printing actuators for a hand that moves like a human one as well as...
Metal 3D Printing Firm Velo3D Announces Impressive Q2 Earning
US financial markets appear to be in a state of limbo. For one thing, there are few clear opinions circulating concerning the question as to whether the American economy is,...