Shapeways & Formlabs Team to Offer Over $4000 in Prizes For ‘Prototype to Product 3D Printing Contest’
Who doesn’t love a contest, especially one which offers thousands of dollars in prizes simply for doing something we all mostly love; designing. We have seen quite a few prize giveaways associated with 3D printing and 3D model design as of late, but this one is unique because everyone is a winner.
Shapeways and Formlabs, known for their Form 1 SLA 3D printer, have teamed up to offer prizes which will greatly exceed $4000 in value. The ‘Prototype to Product 3D Printing Contest‘ looks to reward designers of unique or improved upon products. They are looking for designs which entrants can prototype first on a 3D printer like the Form 1, and then create a finished product via Shapeways’ professional grade 3D printing service.
To enter, simply follow the steps below:
- Upload your 3D model to Shapeways.com, and tag it ‘PrototypeToProduct’. All models will need to be in .stl or.obj format.
- Set the model to public view and in the description, explain how you would use a high resolution Form 1 printer and Shapeways to take your idea from prototype to product.
- Download ‘PreForm‘ by Formlabs to verify that your model will fit on the Form 1’s build plate. Maximum model size is 125 x 125 x 165mm with the Form 1 and 650 x 350 x 550mm with Shapeways.
- Upload the 3D model in ‘PreForm’ to your model’s page. Also upload a picture taken of your model if you happen to 3D print it out. Once done, Tweet your entry @Shapeways and @Formlabs.
Like mentioned above, every single Shapeways member who enters this contest will receive a $10 credit towards a Shapeways.com purchase. In addition, the following prizes will be awarded to the design which judges think were the best, based on its creativity, culture and complexity.
- Grand Prize – One winner of a Formlabs Form 1 3D Printer + $500 Shapeways credit.
- First Prize – Two winners of a $150 Shapeways credit.
- Second Prize – Four winners of a $50 Shapeways credit.
The contest will run from now until 11:59PM ET on June 30, 2014. The winner will be contacted by July 7, 2014. To enter, check out the contest page here. Are you considering entering? We’d love to hear from you at the contest thread at 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
Shapeways Launches E-Commerce Integration with Etsy for Shop Owners of 3D Printed Products
If you’re looking to buy someone a unique gift, many people know that global marketplace Etsy is the best place to go. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Brooklyn, the...
Formlabs Introducing Two New 3D Printers and New Draft Resin at AMUG and Hannover Messe
It’s been over four years since Formlabs first introduced the Form 2 SLA 3D printer. But at this week’s AMUG Conference and Hannover Messe trade fair, the company is sharing some pretty...
Google ATAP Lab Saves Time and Money During Pre-Production with Formlabs 3D Printing Technology
Last month, Formlabs released a reformulated version of its High Temp Resin, which is part of its Engineering Resins family and features the highest heat deflection temperature (HDT) of any of...
Massachusetts Researchers Develop In-Line Rheometer for FDM 3D Printing
Rheology is the study of the flow of matter, and the flow rate of 3D printing materials is fairly important when it comes to the final print. According to a...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.