Shapeways & Formlabs Team to Offer Over $4000 in Prizes For ‘Prototype to Product 3D Printing Contest’
Who doesn’t love a contest, especially one which offers thousands of dollars in prizes simply for doing something we all mostly love; designing. We have seen quite a few prize giveaways associated with 3D printing and 3D model design as of late, but this one is unique because everyone is a winner.
Shapeways and Formlabs, known for their Form 1 SLA 3D printer, have teamed up to offer prizes which will greatly exceed $4000 in value. The ‘Prototype to Product 3D Printing Contest‘ looks to reward designers of unique or improved upon products. They are looking for designs which entrants can prototype first on a 3D printer like the Form 1, and then create a finished product via Shapeways’ professional grade 3D printing service.
To enter, simply follow the steps below:
- Upload your 3D model to Shapeways.com, and tag it ‘PrototypeToProduct’. All models will need to be in .stl or.obj format.
- Set the model to public view and in the description, explain how you would use a high resolution Form 1 printer and Shapeways to take your idea from prototype to product.
- Download ‘PreForm‘ by Formlabs to verify that your model will fit on the Form 1’s build plate. Maximum model size is 125 x 125 x 165mm with the Form 1 and 650 x 350 x 550mm with Shapeways.
- Upload the 3D model in ‘PreForm’ to your model’s page. Also upload a picture taken of your model if you happen to 3D print it out. Once done, Tweet your entry @Shapeways and @Formlabs.
Like mentioned above, every single Shapeways member who enters this contest will receive a $10 credit towards a Shapeways.com purchase. In addition, the following prizes will be awarded to the design which judges think were the best, based on its creativity, culture and complexity.
- Grand Prize – One winner of a Formlabs Form 1 3D Printer + $500 Shapeways credit.
- First Prize – Two winners of a $150 Shapeways credit.
- Second Prize – Four winners of a $50 Shapeways credit.
The contest will run from now until 11:59PM ET on June 30, 2014. The winner will be contacted by July 7, 2014. To enter, check out the contest page here. Are you considering entering? We’d love to hear from you at the contest thread at 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and recieve information and offers from thrid party vendors.
You May Also Like
6K Expands Metal 3D Printing Powder Line into Europe
6K Additive has announced that the company will be expanding its commercial operations into Europe, naming François Bonjour as its European Sales Director. Bonjour has over 20 years of experience...
“World’s Most Efficient” A/C System to Be Built with 3D Printing
Hyperganic, a German developer of AI-based engineering software, has announced a new project aiming to create the world’s most efficient residential A/C system. The company is partnering with Strata Manufacturing,...
Online 3D Printing Service Sculpteo Announces New CEO
Sculpteo, BASF’s French 3D printing service, announced that the company’s new CEO is industrial designer Alexandre d’Orsetti. Promoted from in-house, d’Orsetti was previously the head of Sulpteo’s design studio for...
CORE Acquires GoProto 3D Printing Service
CORE Industrial Partners, the Chicago-based private equity firm, announced that RE3DTECH, a 3D printing service bureau in its portfolio, has acquired GoProto, a 3D printing service bureau in San Diego....