Shapeways & Formlabs Team to Offer Over $4000 in Prizes For ‘Prototype to Product 3D Printing Contest’
Who doesn’t love a contest, especially one which offers thousands of dollars in prizes simply for doing something we all mostly love; designing. We have seen quite a few prize giveaways associated with 3D printing and 3D model design as of late, but this one is unique because everyone is a winner.
Shapeways and Formlabs, known for their Form 1 SLA 3D printer, have teamed up to offer prizes which will greatly exceed $4000 in value. The ‘Prototype to Product 3D Printing Contest‘ looks to reward designers of unique or improved upon products. They are looking for designs which entrants can prototype first on a 3D printer like the Form 1, and then create a finished product via Shapeways’ professional grade 3D printing service.
To enter, simply follow the steps below:
- Upload your 3D model to Shapeways.com, and tag it ‘PrototypeToProduct’. All models will need to be in .stl or.obj format.
- Set the model to public view and in the description, explain how you would use a high resolution Form 1 printer and Shapeways to take your idea from prototype to product.
- Download ‘PreForm‘ by Formlabs to verify that your model will fit on the Form 1’s build plate. Maximum model size is 125 x 125 x 165mm with the Form 1 and 650 x 350 x 550mm with Shapeways.
- Upload the 3D model in ‘PreForm’ to your model’s page. Also upload a picture taken of your model if you happen to 3D print it out. Once done, Tweet your entry @Shapeways and @Formlabs.
Like mentioned above, every single Shapeways member who enters this contest will receive a $10 credit towards a Shapeways.com purchase. In addition, the following prizes will be awarded to the design which judges think were the best, based on its creativity, culture and complexity.
- Grand Prize – One winner of a Formlabs Form 1 3D Printer + $500 Shapeways credit.
- First Prize – Two winners of a $150 Shapeways credit.
- Second Prize – Four winners of a $50 Shapeways credit.
The contest will run from now until 11:59PM ET on June 30, 2014. The winner will be contacted by July 7, 2014. To enter, check out the contest page here. Are you considering entering? We’d love to hear from you at the contest thread at 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
3D Printing News Briefs: October 10, 2019
We’re talking about events and business today in 3D Printing News Briefs. In November, Cincinnati Inc. is presenting at FABTECH, and Additive Manufacturing Technologies and XJet are heading off to...
Roboze Improving Quality of 3D Printed Parts with Pre-Drying and Heating Equipment
It’s October, which means that this year’s formnext is fast approaching. From November 19-22, thousands of people will descend on Frankfurt to network, see what’s new in the AM industry,...
Cubicure & Evonik Develop One Component Resin System For Flexible Polyesters Through Hot Lithography
Cubicure and Evonik continue on within the 3D printing realm, leading the evolution of materials science with research and development of polyester resins. Focusing on additive manufacturing processes, this joint...
Formnext Start-up Challenge Announces Five Winning 3D Printing Startups
We’re several days into September now, which means that it’s only two short months until this year’s Formnext exhibition and conference in Germany. But before its November event, Formnext holds...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.