SHINING 3D is using 3D Scanning and 3D Printing Technologies to support the allocation of much-needed medical equipment in the fight against Covid-19
SHINING 3D, the whole solution provider from 3D Scanning, through Intelligent Design, to Additive Manufacturing is using its newest technologies to support humankind in the battle against the pandemic. As a developer and provider of high-tech devices and equipment, a pioneer and leader in the 3D Digitizing and Additive Manufacturing Industry we see it as our duty to come up with solutions using our technologies to support the global community in this trying situation. Therefore we came up with solutions, which can easily help to sustainably and efficiently produce customized equipment.
Production of Medical Goggles by EP-A800 large scale SLA 3D-Printer
Medical goggles are necessary medical supplies needed to overcome the epidemic. Our EP-A800 resin 3D printer can be used for a quick bridge manufacturing in case of shortages. It enables a “no-human production” and thus ensures a hygienic production process avoiding the further spreading of the virus. Additionally, it is possible to share the goggles’ digital data in order to realize and put into practice network collaborative production, to improve and increase the amount and efficiency of units printed.
1. During the pandemic, wearing goggles will block the virus from directly contacting the wearer´s eyes and thus can help prevent an infection via the conjunctiva. Wearing medical goggles is not only necessary for medical professionals, but also recommended for personal use. Considering today’s situation with medical resources in shortage, 3D printing technology can help to produce medical equipment like these goggles not only quickly and efficiently, but also customize them.
2. Traditional goggles, because of their non-customized fit, fog easily and can be extremely uncomfortable to wear. Using 3D Printing and 3D Scanning technologies, the goggles can be customized to fit the wearers’ unique facial characteristics and the wearing comfort can be increased without the need of further tooling.
3. We provide a FREE downloadable STL file, which includes not only the original goggle structure, but also a breathing valve design on the side to make the goggles more comfortable and more suitable for long-term wear.
Kind reminder: SLA resin-printed goggle frames need to be sterilized with alcohol and UV lamps, and then equipped with lenses (or transparent plastic materials with good light transmission such as transparent PC, acrylic plates etc.), sponge strips, elastic bands and other necessary accessories in order to create a complete pair of goggles.
About the EP-A800
Based on our profound experience of 3D Digital Technology, Laser Scanning Strategy Optimization and the great success of the predecessor models EP-A650, EP-A450 and EP-A350 resin 3D-Printers, SHINING 3D has lately launched the new large-scale resin 3D-Printer EP-A800. The newly developed 3D-Printer is of high efficiency, high precision, comprising of a large size and especially suitable for prototype production, precision casting prototypes as well as sole molds and orthodontic models.
Large Size, High efficiency, Great productivity
- Compared with EP-A650, the build volume is increased by 85% to 800mm*800mm*450mm.
- Based on the dynamic optimization of printing path algorithm and the patented VarioBeam technology, the printing efficiency is doubled.
- With dual-laser, the printing speed is 30%~45% faster than single-laser.
- The max weight of one-time produced part is 120kg.
Patented Technology, Stable and Reliable, High Precision
- Patented VarioBeam Technology, which has a high positioning accuracy, ensures not only the processing efficiency, but also the details and surface quality of the parts.
- Liquid-level Control Technology, the adjustment accuracy is within ±0.01mm; automatic detection during printing, dynamic fine adjustment.
- The design of machine hardware framework is optimized and more stable.
- 00-level marble platform to improve the motion accuracy and long-term stability.
User-friendly Software, Easy to operate
- Upgrade software and processing algorithm, automatically identifies the model features and optimizes the surface quality.
- Provide variety of process parameter packages, such as dimension and power coefficient, to customers for convenient adjustments.
- Regarding different features of models from the same batch or the same model, the process parameters can be dynamically specified for a better printing.
- One-click to calibrate the Laser Power. The power will be detected and adjusted automatically before printing in order to improve the printing success rate.
- Simple software interface for an easy operation, one-click to print. The printing progress is clearly displayed and the parameters can be monitored in real time.
Fill out the form in the link below and get the 3D STL data of the goggle for Free!
You May Also Like
3D Printing News Briefs, May 2, 2021: Intech; 3DPrinterOS & Octoprint; BEAMIT; ITB, ITK, & University of Manchester; Makerbot; Satori & Oxford University
We’re going to take care of business first in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, and then move on to some research and education. Intech Additive Solutions is reporting multiple orders...
TU Wien & Cubicure Develop Ivory Substitute for 3D Printing Restoration Pieces
Ivory, a hard, white material consisting mainly of dentine, makes up the tusks of several large animals, such as walruses, narwhals, and elephants. For a long time, the material was...
MIT: Speaking with Spiders Could Improve 3D Printers and Materials
A group of MIT scientists reported that they could transform spider’s silk threads into musical instruments. The long-standing experiment involves an innovative method that uses data sonification to convert 3D...
Allegro 3D Receives Almost $1M in Grant Award to Develop Bioprinter
Bioprinting company Allegro 3D has been awarded a National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase II grant for $997,692. The grant money will support the development of...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.