This is an overview of the most popular YouTube videos on 3D printing of 2018.
10. Engineers Created A New Bionic Arm That Can Grow With You
Story of Daniel Melville and his making of 3D printed Hero for OpenBionics. A good video showcasing the possibilities of 3D printing.
9. The Mii Channel Theme Using a 3D Printer
Of all the great Make Anything videos its this one that becomes popular.
8. 3D Printed Delusion Mouse Trap
A video showcasing an old mousetrap brought back to life in 3D printing. Not sure why this is so popular
7.3D Printer Makes the Perfect Chocolate Layer
Video showing how the ChocoL3D extruder works. 3D printing chocolate is still huge. A realistic video showcasing using a chocolate extruder.
6.New Story + ICON: 3D Printed Homes for the Developing World
ICON 3D Printing story. No one has yet to explain to me how single story 3D printed homes in the developing will be easier and more affordable fordable than using local bricklayers.
5. 3.4 million views. I 3D Printed a House & Lived in It… It Was the Best Day of My Life
Some actual use of 3D printer before the muppet glues together some LEGO base plates. Puerile humor and abysmal production values. Not funny or educational.
4. 4.1 million views. What can you do with a 3D printer?
A first-time user’s first experiences with a 3D printer. A bit too keyed for my tastes up but generally a realistic view of what printing can do. Comes to the conclusion that printing is a question of time and patience as well as calibration which I would second.
3. 4.2 million views. Fortnite Items in real life.
More about the personality than the content this video piggybacks on the world’s most popular game. Video looks like it was shot by a drunk cameraman on a rollercoaster. Complete waste of time but the guy has really cool hair.
2. 5.8 million views 3D Printed Infinity Gauntlet – Thanos Sculpture Timelapse Part 2
Piggybacking on the success of Avengers and its central hero Thanos (who did nothing wrong) this video shows you how to 3D print and hand finish an Infinity Gauntlet. Useful for learning how to make props, costumes and cosplay items.
1. 6.5 million views 3D Printed Objects that Will Blow Your Mind
Rather clickbaity with horrendous music this zoomed in video shows off some desktop 3D prints.