We have an exciting March planned with cumulative online trainings — giving you the tools and knowledge to build your 3D printing skills exponentially each week.
We’ll kick things off on March 5 with our Beginner Design for 3D Printing online one-week workshop. The course will give you the fundamentals of 3D modeling programs (CAD) and the design rules for 3D printing from design experts. This foundational course will cover the complete design process, from conception through final prototype.
The interactive crash course works like this:
There will be two guest speaker livestream sessions presented over 90 minutes. Each lesson will provide key principles and case studies, followed by an interactive Q&A. All live sessions will be recorded and posted in the online classroom for on-demand access.
Additionally, there is an online workshop component. In the workshop, you get an assignment to apply what you learn, which you share in a small group workshop and get feedback from an industry expert. The best part? Learning from industry experts and connecting with peers from wherever you are.
Following our Beginner class, we will have three cumulative workshops where you’ll be able to build on 3D print knowledge and skills and learn how to apply them to more advanced concepts. These courses, which follow the same format as the beginner class, are:
- Advanced Design for 3D Printing – March 12, 2019
- Session 1: 3D Printing Engineering Principles
- Session 2: Coding/Generative Design
- Essentials of 3D Printing with Metal – March 19, 2019
- Session 1: Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Session 2: Design and Materials Considerations
- Filaments, Materials, and Software Considerations for 3D Printing – March 26, 2019
- Session 1: Think Like a Designer and Learn how to Use Tinkercad
- Session 2: Printing Preparation Programs and Plate Models
Bundle the courses for discounts and have a month immersed in the 3D print world. Take one, two, three, or all four courses — giving you applicable 3D printing skills for your upcoming ventures.