The traditional process for ordering custom parts can be a long and cumbersome experience, often requiring back and forth conversations and emails over days or even weeks, but one company is eliminating the need for an endless exchange of drawings and files.
Xometry is transforming American manufacturing by making quoting and ordering custom 3D printed and CNC machined parts easier than ever. Their advanced manufacturing platform provides a streamlined way for engineers and designers to get instant pricing and manufacturability feedback. All it takes is a 3D CAD file.
Once the CAD file is uploaded, Xometry’s software platform does the rest, providing feedback on pricing, lead times, and the best available processes in real-time. Within the instant quoting platform users can explore various materials, finishes, and manufacturing processes to compare prices and manufacturability trade-offs. Xometry’s instant quoting platform includes CNC Machining, Sheet Metal fabrication, 3D Printing, and Urethane Casting, giving customers the ideal feedback to improve their design and save money.
“We are all about efficiency,” said Xometry’s Director of Project Engineering, Greg Paulsen. “The traditional manufacturing quoting process is frustrating and time consuming, especially for complex CNC Machining orders, but we have removed the inefficiencies in the process and can provide reliable pricing and lead times in just seconds.”
“The engineers and designers that work with us are getting valuable time back every day to do the work they actually enjoy,” Paulsen said. “Instead of worrying about the logistics of ordering parts they can focus on the activities that excite them.”
So how does it work? Watch Xometry’s instant quoting platform in action:
Xometry users are able to get their parts exactly how they need them, when they need them, with access to over 200 materials and custom finishes available across a range of additive and subtractive manufacturing processes, including:
- CNC Machining: CNC machining offers unparalleled precision for producing metal and plastic parts.
- Selective Laser Sintering: SLS is one of the most versatile and cost-effective 3D printing technologies available.
- Fused Deposition Modeling: FDM parts are durable, accurate and repeatable, making this process suitable for both prototypes and end-use parts.
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering: DMLS allows for fully funtional aluminum and stainless steel parts that are just as dense and strong as cast metal parts without high tooling costs and long lead times.
- PolyJet 3D Printing: PolyJet is both the fastest and most precise 3D printing process, and can be used to print in multiple materials, often used for simulating overmolds.
- Metal Binder Jetting: MBJ produces complex, fully-funtional metal 3D printed parts at a fraction of the cost of traditional manufacturing methods.
- Sheet Metal fabrication: Sheet metal produces durable, end-use metal parts that are fabricated to your specifications for low-volume prototypes or high-volume production runs.
You May Also Like
3D Printing Webinar and Virtual Event Roundup, September 27, 2020
A range of topics will be covered in this week’s roundup of webinars and virtual events, starting with controlled nesting and increased productivity. Moving on, attendees can learn how to...
What Does the Siemens-Nexa3D Partnership Mean for 3D Printing?
3D printer manufacturer Nexa3D has announced a collaboration with technology company Siemens to automate its polymer laser sintering systems. Even during COVID-19, the two companies have remained committed to Industry...
3D Printing News Briefs, August 11, 2020: 3DEO, Nexa3D, AK Medical
In today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, 3DEO has won a design competition, and Nexa3D will be demonstrating its expanded line of ultra-fast polymers at this week’s AM Industry Summit. Finally,...
3D Printing Webinar and Virtual Event Roundup, August 9, 2020
We’ve only got four online events to tell you about this week—a summit and a few webinars, one of which is on-demand. Read on to learn more! AM Industry Virtual...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.