The 3D Print Show in New York has been the spot to be if you enjoy witnessing the unveiling of new 3D printers. We have seen The RoboBeast and the new LeapFrog Creatr unveiled this week at the show. Here is one final device which was shown off to the world this week. It’s the Micro 3D Printer, also known as M3D. The printer is small, cheap, but most importantly, can print out high quality objects, making it ideal for beginners, those without a large budget, and students.
The retail price of this printer will be $299, once released to the public. Having said this, anyone will be able to get a $100 discount on their purchase if they decided to contribute to the M3D Kickstarter project which will launch sometime next month. The team behind the breakthrough product is filled with innovative engineers, who have put together a printer they believe will stand out among the rest. At just 6.6 pounds, the M3D is easy to move, cheap to ship, and can fit on basically any corner of your desk.
“I got this idea that everyone wants a 3D printer they can afford and they want one that’s not a pain in the ass. We had a constant dialogue between
Engineering, Art, and Production to achieve the cost, performance, and look that we wanted. That resulted in 15 innovations. These tweaks on the standard printer included a new micro-motion sensor chip, rigid carbon fiber rods, and a ceramic heater nozzle, to name a few,” said co-founder Michael Armani, a bioengineer Ph.D, to 3DPrint.com.
We did have a constant dialogue between
Engineering, Art, and Production to achieve the cost, performance, and
look that we wanted (not just looks and cost as stated before).
Here are the specifications of this new 3D printer:
- USB supports Gcode (slicer)
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- External and internal filament ports
- Glowing LED indicator
- Layer accuracy: 50-350 microns
- Nozzle diamater: 450 microns
- X, Y Positioning accuracy: 15 microns
- Build Dimensions: 109x113x116mm
- Supports: ABS, PLA, Wood, brick, professional
- Removable Print Bed Size: 128x128mm
- Printer Dimensions: 185mm3
- Package weight: 3kg
- Printer Weight: 1kg (2.2 lbs)
- Carbon fiber rails
- Stainless steel rotation rods
- Glass filled ABS Body
- Aerospace grade ceramic Micro heater technology
- Use M3D Micro Pinter software
- Supports open source software
- File Types Supported: .xyz, .stl, .obj
- It’s USB Compatible
- Compatible with both Mac and PC