The usefulness of 3D printed objects is something that has evolved through its infancy and nothing has driven this faster than the advent of new materials to print with. The material options have grown to include bronze, copper, brass, carbon fiber, wood and even cheese! However, one space that seems to have limitless potential is within the flexible material options currently available! NinjaFlex is a premium supplier of strong, flexible filaments for your 3D printing projects & hobbies. It even comes in two strengths, to help create 3D flexible prints with different elastic properties – NinjaFlex and SemFlex.
Another company trying to speed up the rate at which more useful and creative products can be disseminated is 3DShare. At 3DShare, designers can make their files available for free or price them at 99c, allowing the users to get some value where they feel their files are worth it – whilst maintaining a low price for the consumers! So it made great sense for 3DPrint.com to partner with 3DShare and NinjaFlex for the first of our designer giveaways!
The BIG Prize:
- One winner will win 3 spools of Ninjaflex or SemiFlex filament in a color of their choice!
- The Winner’s Design will be featured on 3DPrint.com.
- The Winner’s design will be entered into the annual 3DShare ‘Design of the Year’ award.
As can be seen, designers playing around with the idea of flexible filament have already come up with some really interesting use cases. Becky Stern, director of wearable electronics at Adafruit even went as far as describing NinjaFlex as a ‘game changer for wearable electronics and 3D printing’. But we’d really like to see what the creative force of the 3D printing world can do for areas as diverse as science, wearables and even tools!
So here’s what you have to do to enter!
- If you haven’t already, go and sign up to 3DShare!
- Create a design which can be 3D printed in flexible NinjaFlex filament.
- Upload your creation and add the tag ‘flex’ to your design.
- The design must be exclusive to 3DShare.
- It must be your own work.
- The judges will be industry experts who will judge the designs based purely on their originality and use of flexible filament.
- The competition end date is Thursday, April 30th at 10:00PM GMT. Winners will be announced in the first week of May.
I’m personally looking forward to seeing all of the unique designs that come about thanks to this contest. Be sure to let us know which designs you have entered in the 3DShare / NinjaFlex contest forum thread on 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
Projects and Having Purpose
I am here to explain the mindset of creating things on a consistent basis and how creativity can be forced.. painfully and purposefully :).
3D Printing News Briefs: May 3, 2019
We’re talking with you about all things new in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs – a new partnership, a new material, and a new design challenge. DWS has announced that...
Cagey, Lovely & Strong! Amsterdam Designer Perfects New Es-Cage Method in 3D Printing, Offers Tutorials
Erik Es of Amsterdam is really onto something. In a world that’s growing ever more full of knickknacks and tchotchkes thanks to a multitude of different manufacturing processes and crafts—as...
Upload your 3D Models and get them printed quickly and efficiently.