The usefulness of 3D printed objects is something that has evolved through its infancy and nothing has driven this faster than the advent of new materials to print with. The material options have grown to include bronze, copper, brass, carbon fiber, wood and even cheese! However, one space that seems to have limitless potential is within the flexible material options currently available! NinjaFlex is a premium supplier of strong, flexible filaments for your 3D printing projects & hobbies. It even comes in two strengths, to help create 3D flexible prints with different elastic properties – NinjaFlex and SemFlex.
Another company trying to speed up the rate at which more useful and creative products can be disseminated is 3DShare. At 3DShare, designers can make their files available for free or price them at 99c, allowing the users to get some value where they feel their files are worth it – whilst maintaining a low price for the consumers! So it made great sense for 3DPrint.com to partner with 3DShare and NinjaFlex for the first of our designer giveaways!
The BIG Prize:
- One winner will win 3 spools of Ninjaflex or SemiFlex filament in a color of their choice!
- The Winner’s Design will be featured on 3DPrint.com.
- The Winner’s design will be entered into the annual 3DShare ‘Design of the Year’ award.
As can be seen, designers playing around with the idea of flexible filament have already come up with some really interesting use cases. Becky Stern, director of wearable electronics at Adafruit even went as far as describing NinjaFlex as a ‘game changer for wearable electronics and 3D printing’. But we’d really like to see what the creative force of the 3D printing world can do for areas as diverse as science, wearables and even tools!
So here’s what you have to do to enter!
- If you haven’t already, go and sign up to 3DShare!
- Create a design which can be 3D printed in flexible NinjaFlex filament.
- Upload your creation and add the tag ‘flex’ to your design.
- The design must be exclusive to 3DShare.
- It must be your own work.
- The judges will be industry experts who will judge the designs based purely on their originality and use of flexible filament.
- The competition end date is Thursday, April 30th at 10:00PM GMT. Winners will be announced in the first week of May.
I’m personally looking forward to seeing all of the unique designs that come about thanks to this contest. Be sure to let us know which designs you have entered in the 3DShare / NinjaFlex contest forum thread on 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
3D Printing News Briefs: February 8, 2019
We made it to the weekend! To celebrate, check out our 3D Printing News Briefs today, which covers business, research, and a few other topics as well. PostProcess has signed...
Another Chance to Win Amazon Gift Cards from 3DPrint.com!
3D printing is an investment. Even after you’ve bought your 3D printer, the costs don’t end there – filament needs to consistently be replenished, particularly if you 3D print often,...
3DGence Invites Submissions of Case Studies for a Chance to Win 3D Printers
This past spring, Polish 3D printer manufacturer 3DGence released its dual extruder DOUBLE 3D printer. The company is now promoting the 3DGence ONE, the company’s classic single extruder 3D printer. The desktop...
3D Printing News Briefs: July 17, 2018
In Today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, we’re covering a lot of business and a little medical news. AMFG is partnering with a top UK bearings manufacturer to help automate its...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.