Although Aleph Objects is a relatively small company within the 3D printing space, they have been known for their high quality, fast, FDM based LulzBot 3D printers. All three of their previous models, the LulzBot TAZ 1, 2, and 3 have all received some pretty impressive reviews. Today the much anticipated, fully open source, LulzBot TAZ 4 3D printer has been unveiled, and can be ordered in the United States immediately off of Amazon. Those wanting the latest printer from Aleph Objects in Canada or the UK will have to wait a little bit longer.
Aleph Objects has really outdone themselves with this device. They have included the following key upgrades to the latest Lulzbot printer:
- Improved y-axis mounts, means that setting up the printer will take less time than ever before; approximately 30 minutes.
- Re-engineered drive rod system contributes to improved print quality and better first layers of prints.
- External 400 watt power supply, means lots of extra power for add-ons.
- Assembled and enclosed electronics case, will allow you to add dual extruders to your printer.
For those interested in this latest device, here are some of its specifications:
- Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm (0.003in – 0.0138in)
- Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, and wood filaments
- Filament Size: standard 3mm (0.1in)
- Overall Printer Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
- Printer Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)
The Lulzbot TAZ 4 is listed on Amazon.com for $2194.95. Discuss Aleph Object’s latest 3D printer at the LulzBot TAZ 4 forum thread, located at 3DPB.com. Check out the video below courtesy of Aleph Objects: