Summer goals: learn 3D print design with us! We have an exciting June planned with three cumulative online trainings — giving you the tools and knowledge to expand your 3D printing skills each week.
We’ll kick things off on Tuesday, June 11 with our Beginner Design for 3D Printing online one-week workshop. The course will show you how to incorporate human-centered design into your 3D print designs. We’ll work through case studies to show how design thinking is applied to 3D print modeling. Additionally, we will show you how to use CAD programs to prepare your model for print.
The interactive crash course works like this:
There will be two guest speaker livestream sessions presented over 90 minutes. Each lesson will provide key principles and case studies, followed by an interactive Q&A. All live sessions will be recorded and posted in the online classroom for on-demand access.
There is an online workshop component. In the workshop, you get an assignment to apply what you learn, which you share in a small group workshop and get feedback from an industry expert.
Following our Beginner class, we will have three cumulative workshops where you’ll be able to build on 3D print knowledge and skills and learn how to apply them to more advanced concepts. These courses, which follow the same format as the beginner class, are:
- Advanced Design for 3D Printing – June 18, 2019
- Learn how to navigate design software
- Discover best practices for designing for plastic, resin, and sandstone 3D printing
- Create your own design that will be submitted into a design contest. Our 3DPrint.com team will choose the winner and the design will be printed and shipped by CoKreeate.
- Essentials of 3D Printing with Metal – June 25, 2019
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the 3D printing in metal process from start to finish
- Learn current technologies and use cases for 3D printing in metal
- Discover the ins and outs of processing factors and how to achieve desired surface
Bundle the courses for discounts and have a month immersed in the 3D print world. Take one, two, or all three courses — giving you applicable 3D printing skills for your upcoming ventures.