China based company Wanhao Precision Casting Co., Ltd, is known as one of China’s most well respected 3D printer manufacturers. In fact, they have supplied 3D printers to NASA designers, universities and other large companies over the past three years. Their latest 3D printer available is the Duplicator 5, a machine with a large build volume of 305 x 205 x 605mm and capable of high print resolutions of up to 0.02mm. It was released in June of this year, and has been one of the company’s top sellers.
Today, Wanhao has informed 3DPrint.com that they will soon be releasing two new 3D printers: The Duplicator 5S and the Duplicator 5S Mini. While the company only released the Duplicator 5 a little over four months ago, they are already prepared to release these new 5S versions shortly.
The Duplicator 5S will run the company’s WanhaoMaker software and include a build platform the same size as the Duplicator 5 (305 x 205 x 605mm). It will be priced at $1,998, and it will feature a steel case. Here are some additional specifications for this latest 3D printer:
- Build envelope: 305 x 205 x 605 mm
- Build volume: About 37.8 liters
- Layer thickness: Choose 0.02-0.4 mm which is adjustable by software
- Stock nozzle diameter: Stock 0.4 mm
- Speed: 20-300 mm/s
- Flow Rate: Approximately 200 cc/hr
- Extruder Temperature Recommended: Maximum 200-230 C
- Positioning precision: 2.5 micron on Z axis, 11 micron on XY axis
- Overall dimensions: 460 x 400 x 860 mm
- Shipping Weight: kg (88 lbs) 39
- Linear ball bearings
- Precision ground Core XY.
- Snap-on, snap-off filament assemblies
- Full Extreme Rock XV steel structure
- 4 axis, 1/16 micro-stepping motor control
- 4×20 LCD character display and turning and press control pad
- Piezoelectric buzzer
- Universal Power Supply: 115-250V, 50/60Hz, 4.0A (input), and takes standard IEC cable
The Wanhao Duplicator 5S Mini is virtually the same 3D printer but in a smaller size, and with a smaller price tag. It will be priced at $1,199. Here are some of the 5S Mini specific specifications:
- Build envelope: 295 x 195 x 205mm
- Build volume: About 34 liters
The WanhaoMaker software, which comes standard with the 5S and 5S mini, is compatible with Windows, OSX and Linux based machines and objects can be printed using an SD card or via USB. It accepts STL and gcode files. Both printers are capable of printing with ABS, PLA and some other materials, as long as the filament has a 3.0mm diameter.
These are both tremendous prices for two high quality 3D printers. While the company tells us that they will be made available “soon”, no official date has been announce. What do you think about these latest 3D printers from Wanhao? Discuss in the Wanhao 5S forum thread on 3DPB.com.