The company known as 3Dsimo s.r.o., a manufacturer of 3D pens and multifunctional devices recently showed their newest product, and it is already available for pre-order. At the Maker Faire trade show in New York, they unveiled a brand-new multifunctional device aimed not only at 3D printing lovers but also makers, and it is called the 3Dsimo MultiPro. Behind the project stands a team with 6 years experience and a product improved by important feedback from customers.
3Dsimo MultiPro is not just another 3D pen that can only do one thing, but it is a multifunctional tool for more complex use. It’s a great accessory for any proud owner of a 3D printer as a tool for finishing your prints, or even repairing them.
The device comes with these following extensions in the basic packaging :
● 3D drawing : The extension has 12 material pre-sets for the most common materials available on the market, such as ABS, PLA, Flex, PETG, Metal, Wood, etc. Everything is shown on the front OLED display. Another great feature is that you can change the speed of
extrusion, as well as the temperature of the nozzle outside the pre-set. This can be done by either using a mobile application, or directly on the device. The 3Dsimo MultiPro can be connected with a mobile device via a special app, and it allows you to update the firmware in
case new extensions for the device will come out, or for new 3D printing materials. This extension uses a ø1,75mm filament, and you can use materials for your 3D printer as well (Meaning that you can use any material).
● Foam Cutting : The way this extension works is via resistance wire cutting technique, meaning that a resistance wire heats up to high temperatures, causing it to slice through plastic and foam materials like a knife through butter. The maximum cutting dimension is
almost doubled compared to the previous device, the 3Dsimo mini, and it is also equipped with a support plate that can will help you cut at a certain angle. Simple, yet useful little tweak that will make the overall working with this extension a lot easier experience. It is
possible to regulate the heat of the wire as a percentage of the total power.
● Soldering : This extension is mostly for soldering and welding. After working with this extension for some time, I can say that it can fully replace a budget soldering station in price range of $80 to $100. The temperature of the tip can be selected, and it reaches up to 450°C.
● Burning : The tip for this extension comes in 3 variants that can also be purchased additionally, and all of them can serve many purposes such as finishing and smoothing 3D prints or burning into wood and leather. Maximum reachable temperature is 450°C. The entire device shows the emphasis on craftsmanship and ease of use.
For example, when you put in a new extension for the first time, a tutorial will be shown on the
display, which you have to go through, and it will walk you through the use of the device, as well as it
will show you which button serves what purpose. The tutorials can be finished within 2 minutes and
you will become an experienced user. These tutorials save you the necessity of reading the manual
beforehand, or when you are out of solutions for a problem.
We also appreciate how easy it is to remove the extensions just by pressing one button, and it only
takes a click-in to insert a new one. It’s a rigid and stable way of holding the extension in place.
Changing the tips on Soldering and Burning extensions is also a triviality, because everything is solved
with the use of a light bulb thread.
And that is not all, as the 3Dsimo MultiPro will be an extendable platform, in the future it will have
the potential to become any tool you might need at your home. Something like a modern Swiss Army
At the start of the following year, several new extensions will be released for the 3Dsimo MultiPro.
Here are some that we know of :
● Drill/Electric screwdriver : This extension will have the same properties as a normal electric
screwdriver, but with the addition that it will also be a small drill for model makers. It will be
able to clamp any small drill bit, sanding or polishing tool. It will however not be a substitute
for an Impact drill.
● Hot Air gun : An awesome tool for removing small imperfections on 3D prints, as well as for
bending and other modifications of 3D prints. Last, but not least, we cannot forget that it will
have enough power to be used for soldering of SMD components.
● Jigsaw : With the use of this extension, you will be able to cut through Plywood, Laminate,
Plasterboard, Aluminium, and any plastic material.
From the website of the manufacturer, we’ve picked a few interesting things that were made with
the 3Dsimo MultiPro :
1. Customization of boots using both the burning and the 3D drawing extensions.
2. With the use of all of the extensions, they made a working camera. You can also see a few
photos that it took.
3. Artistic creations from artist Thibault Messac.
4. A dress made with the Silk filament for 3D drawing.
5. Assembly kit from plastic boards.
You can find more on the official website.
If you are interested in a unique present that has no competition, then don’t hesitate and pre-order now, as more than 40% of the pieces are already sold.
You May Also Like
BCN3D Technologies Launches Stratos 3D Print Slicing Software Solution
Barcelona-based 3D printing solutions provider BCN3D Technologies has long been a leader in desktop systems, but also works to provide optimized 3D printing materials as well. Now the international company...
New UL Study Reveals VOC Emission Rates are Higher in SLA vs. FFF 3D Printing
In 2018, Chemical Insights, an institute of safety science company Underwriters Laboratories, released a study about the safety and health impact of 3D printing, which found that emissions released into the...
New Algorithm Improves 3D Body Scanning Precision by 4500%
Together, research scientists from Loughborough University and the University of Manchester in the UK have developed a way to improve the precision and accuracy of 3D body scanning by a...
3D Print the World’s Oldest Neanderthal Art
If you’re anything like me, you’re fascinated by Neanderthals, that species or subspecies of ancient humans that went extinct, likely due to a combination of factors: climactic shifts, disease, and...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.