The class, which takes place totally online, is perfect for anyone looking for a thorough introduction to the world of 3d printing and metal additive manufacturing. New to the industry or looking to ensure you have the basic principles down? We’ve got you covered. In addition to reviewing key methodologies, you’ll leave the class with an understanding of:
- The materials (metals and alloys) and processes involved in metal AM, and understand when to employ which, based on capability, mechanical properties, and cost
- Design considerations and specifications for 3D printing in metal
- Examples of rapid prototyping and end-use production for 3D printing in metal
Sessions are designed to get you up to speed with relevant examples and practical applications, with presentations from thought leaders, including:
- Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing with Tim Ruffner, Desktop Metal
- Methods and Materials Considerations for Metal AM with R. Prakash Kolli, Ph.D., Blue Point Materials Research
- Rapid Prototyping and End-Use Production in Metal AM with Scott Volk, Incodema3D
- Applications of Metal Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshooting Your Design and Preparing to Print with Nick Sondej, Markforged (class sponsor)
Registering early gets you a 45 percent discount – plus immediate access to bonus content to get started right away.
The class is sponsored by industry leader Markforged.
You May Also Like
3D Scanner Buying Guide 2020
3D scanning is now an engrained business process in industry, architecture, quality assurance and reverse engineering. It is, however, quite a difficult process to master. Many different 3D scanning technologies...
Shining 3D & MAGARIMONO Partner for 3D Printed Shoes
STEP DIFFERENT. Heresy as the standard for the future. New footwear unbound by conventions. Possibilities through fusing material and technology. Processes never before challenged. We aim for footwear capable of...
SHINING 3D Releases Multifunctional, Handheld EinScan Pro HD 3D Scanner
Hangzhou, China-based SHINING 3D is releasing the latest member of its multifunctional, handheld EinScan Pro 3D scanner series, the EinScan Pro HD. Framed as able to accurately capture high resolution...
3D Printing News Briefs: April 30, 2020
We’re starting today’s 3D Printing News Briefs talking about some new products – SHINING 3D is announcing its new desktop 3D inspection system, and Recreus has launched a new polypropylene...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.