The class, which takes place totally online, is perfect for anyone looking for a thorough introduction to the world of 3d printing and metal additive manufacturing. New to the industry or looking to ensure you have the basic principles down? We’ve got you covered. In addition to reviewing key methodologies, you’ll leave the class with an understanding of:
- The materials (metals and alloys) and processes involved in metal AM, and understand when to employ which, based on capability, mechanical properties, and cost
- Design considerations and specifications for 3D printing in metal
- Examples of rapid prototyping and end-use production for 3D printing in metal
Sessions are designed to get you up to speed with relevant examples and practical applications, with presentations from thought leaders, including:
- Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing with Tim Ruffner, Desktop Metal
- Methods and Materials Considerations for Metal AM with R. Prakash Kolli, Ph.D., Blue Point Materials Research
- Rapid Prototyping and End-Use Production in Metal AM with Scott Volk, Incodema3D
- Applications of Metal Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshooting Your Design and Preparing to Print with Nick Sondej, Markforged (class sponsor)
Registering early gets you a 45 percent discount – plus immediate access to bonus content to get started right away.
The class is sponsored by industry leader Markforged.
You May Also Like
The Rise of Compact Industrial Metal 3D Printers
Metal additive manufacturing continues to be one of the most influential next-generation technologies. While metal 3D printing is a hot topic in the industry, most of the focus has been...
Learn 3D Printing from Design Thinking Pros Who Are Making an Impact
Discover how to design for 3D printing with a human-centered approach from speakers who have set out to use 3D printing to improve the world. In the first session of...
3D Printing News Briefs: May 3, 2019
We’re talking with you about all things new in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs – a new partnership, a new material, and a new design challenge. DWS has announced that...
3D Printing News Briefs: May 1, 2019
In today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, we’ve got stories on events and business for you, followed by an innovative piece of 3D printed furniture. The fourth Metal Additive Manufacturing Conference will...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.