The class, which takes place totally online, is perfect for anyone looking for a thorough introduction to the world of 3d printing and metal additive manufacturing. New to the industry or looking to ensure you have the basic principles down? We’ve got you covered. In addition to reviewing key methodologies, you’ll leave the class with an understanding of:
- The materials (metals and alloys) and processes involved in metal AM, and understand when to employ which, based on capability, mechanical properties, and cost
- Design considerations and specifications for 3D printing in metal
- Examples of rapid prototyping and end-use production for 3D printing in metal
Sessions are designed to get you up to speed with relevant examples and practical applications, with presentations from thought leaders, including:
- Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing with Tim Ruffner, Desktop Metal
- Methods and Materials Considerations for Metal AM with R. Prakash Kolli, Ph.D., Blue Point Materials Research
- Rapid Prototyping and End-Use Production in Metal AM with Scott Volk, Incodema3D
- Applications of Metal Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshooting Your Design and Preparing to Print with Nick Sondej, Markforged (class sponsor)
Registering early gets you a 45 percent discount – plus immediate access to bonus content to get started right away.
The class is sponsored by industry leader Markforged.
You May Also Like
3DPOD Episode 14: Consumer and Affordable 3D Printers
This 3DPod Episode is filled with opinion. Here we look at our favorite affordable desktop 3D printers. We evaluate what we want to see in a printer and how far...
3D Printer Buying Guide 2019
What a difference a year makes. Once again we’ve seen some monumental shifts and changes in the 3D printing landscape for desktop 3D printers. At the low-end competition has been...
Prusa Publishes Hardware and Firmware Updates for 3D Printers, Ships over 130,000 Printers
It’s time for another one of Prusa‘s popular updates on its various hardware and firmware! The company makes sure its customers always know about the latest new products and improvements to its...
The Nydus One Syringe Extruder (NOSE): Turns Your Prusa i3 Into a Bioprinter
Researchers from Germany are exploring democratizing bioprinting with their findings outlined in ‘Nydus One Syringe Extruder (NOSE): A Prusa i3 3D printer conversion for bioprinting applications.’ Recognizing the promise of...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.