The class, which takes place totally online, is perfect for anyone looking for a thorough introduction to the world of 3d printing and metal additive manufacturing. New to the industry or looking to ensure you have the basic principles down? We’ve got you covered. In addition to reviewing key methodologies, you’ll leave the class with an understanding of:
- The materials (metals and alloys) and processes involved in metal AM, and understand when to employ which, based on capability, mechanical properties, and cost
- Design considerations and specifications for 3D printing in metal
- Examples of rapid prototyping and end-use production for 3D printing in metal
Sessions are designed to get you up to speed with relevant examples and practical applications, with presentations from thought leaders, including:
- Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing with Tim Ruffner, Desktop Metal
- Methods and Materials Considerations for Metal AM with R. Prakash Kolli, Ph.D., Blue Point Materials Research
- Rapid Prototyping and End-Use Production in Metal AM with Scott Volk, Incodema3D
- Applications of Metal Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshooting Your Design and Preparing to Print with Nick Sondej, Markforged (class sponsor)
Registering early gets you a 45 percent discount – plus immediate access to bonus content to get started right away.
The class is sponsored by industry leader Markforged.
You May Also Like
Thor3D & ProtoTech Solutions Combine 3D Scanning with Body Measuring Software
Germany and Russia-based handheld 3D scanner developer Thor3D, creator of such scanning systems as the Calibry and the (now discontinued) Drake, has been practicing its trade since 2015. Recently, the...
Maker of CREATOR Metal 3D Printer to Be Bought by Lumentum for $5.7B
There have been several important acquisitions in the 3D printing industry, including that of EnvisionTEC by Desktop Metal, Origin by Stratasys, and 3D Hubs by Proto Labs, leading us to...
Towards Zero Waste and Failures: AdditiveLab’s Customizable Simulation Enables Increase in Metal Additive Manufacturing Efficiency
AdditiveLab’s Mariam Mir will be speaking at 3DPrint.com’s upcoming AMS online industry summit (Feb 9-10, 2021). Register here. Metal additive manufacturing (AM) process simulation predicts the potential production outcome and gives vital...
Dream M&As: 3D Printing Mergers and Acquisitions We’d Like to See in 2021, Part 3
Inspired in part by the acquisition of EnvisionTEC by Desktop Metal, of 3D Hubs by ProtoLabs, and of Origin by Stratasys, we’ve been brainstorming about the newly hot 3D printing stocks and renewed interest...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.