Learn the process of 3D printing in metal from design to execution in our all new online 3D Printing in Metal: An Overview of Additive Manufacturing with Metals. The workshop, launching March 27, will show you everything you need to know to apply 3D printing in metal to your upcoming ventures. You’ll also learn about rapid prototyping and end-use production in metal, its benefits and uses, and the latest information on this up-and-coming technology that is set to transform the manufacturing industry. You’ll hear from industry experts in weekly live webcasts, engage in small group discussions in our online classroom, and complete assignments to put your new knowledge and skills into action.Each week features two keynotes sessions covering integral 3D print topics to build towards a cohesive understanding of 3D printing in metal and additive manufacturing.
- Session 1 | Introduction to metal additive manufacturing and how it’s transforming the manufacturing industry. In this opening session of the course, you’ll be taken through an overview of the process from start to finish, including its benefits, uses, and diverse applications.
- Session 2 | Get an inspirational look at metal additive manufacturing for industry and art. You’ll learn about numerous applications of 3D printing in metal, both industrial and non-industrial. From an industrial and artist standpoint, you’ll hear multiple methodologies and approaches to 3D printing in metal, and all that is required to execute a design idea.
- Session 3 | Learn design considerations for metal additive manufacturing. Discover everything you need to know on how to begin designing a prototype or part for printing in metal. Topics covered include maximum overhang length, maximum angle for no supports, maximum and minimum tolerances, and more.
- Session 4 | Discover methods and materials considerations for metal additive manufacturing. This session will cover all you need to know to make the right choice for your project. You’ll also learn about your options when it comes to available metals and alloys, and the benefits and tradeoffs between conventaion and AM metal processing.
- Session 5 | Understand rapid prototyping and end-use production in metal additive manufacturing. This session will include examples of rapid prototyping and end-use production for 3D printing in metal and share how it can be done in a fraction of the time and with a fraction of the budget of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Session 6 | Hear applications of metal additive manufacturing with a closing case study. You’ll hear from an expert in the field about the ways they’ve incorporated metal additive manufacturing into their startup, and lessons learned along the way. By the end of the session, you’ll know where to find access to the technology you need, information on bootstrapping your production, optimizing your production process and costs, and what resources are available for getting involved in 3D printing in metal.
Sign up before Friday, February 23 to register at our early bird rate of $99 – a steep discount off of our regular rate of $179.
Sign up for: 3D Printing in Metal: An Overview of Additive Manufacturing with Metals course.
Discuss this course and other 3D printing topics at 3DPrintBoard.com or share your thoughts below.
You May Also Like
3D Printing Service Hubs Appoints New CEO, Alex Cappy
Changes are taking place at Hubs since it was acquired by manufacturing service provider Protolabs (Nasdaq: PRLB). Not only has the subsidiary removed the “3D” from its name, but it...
New High-Density Stacking Redefines AM Plastics Productivity
Additive manufacturing (AM) is evolving beyond prototyping to enable end-use parts production across a range of applications. Much has changed to enable this, including the development of AM processes and...
AM Investment Strategies: CEOs, Analysts & Finance Experts Share Wealth of Knowledge with 3D Printing Community
Representatives from some of the industry’s most successful 3D printing businesses joined the SmarTech – Stifel AM Investment Strategies 2021 virtual summit on September 9, 2021, to talk about the...
U.S. 3D Printing Experience Center Opened by Massivit 3D
Israel-based company Massivit 3D (MSVT.TA), a leader in large-scale 3D printing systems, has announced the opening of their Americas Experience Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The center will be open to...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.