When it comes to 3D printing, a good 3D modelling software is just as important as a high quality 3D printer. One of the more popular modeling softwares, Shade 3D, offered by Mirye Software, has announced the release of their latest update. Version 14.1.1 is immediately available on their website. The lastest version is offered in three different packages for Mac OS and Windows, and is free for those who already own version 14:
- Professional – Cost $499
- Standard – Cost $249
- Basic – Cost $99
There are several key additional features in the latest Shade 3D update, which includes the following:
- Delete Undo History. Free up available memory by deleting saved undo history.
- Orient Outward Tool.
- Features for selecting and modifying both manifold and non-manifold geometry improve use for 3D printing, prototyping and architectural visualization.
- Separate Tool. Detach contiguous surfaces and discontinuous faces, or copy as new shape objects. Separate all non-manifold edges and border edges.
- Poser 10 / Poser 2014 Integration. Native PoserFusion model and animation scene hosting now compatible with the most recent version of Smith Micro’s Poser character animation solution.
- 3D Text Primitive Improvements. Produce vertical text, plus text handling for automatic character and line spacing.
- Improved Subdivision Options for Booleans. Granular control over subdivision surfaces added to the powerful boolean modeling system in Shade 3D.
Feel free to discuss the latest update at the Shade 3D forum thread. The company has seemingly been targeting more of the 3D printing industry as several of these updates are very useful for the 3D printing crowd.
You May Also Like
3D Printing Service Hubs Appoints New CEO, Alex Cappy
Changes are taking place at Hubs since it was acquired by manufacturing service provider Protolabs (Nasdaq: PRLB). Not only has the subsidiary removed the “3D” from its name, but it...
New High-Density Stacking Redefines AM Plastics Productivity
Additive manufacturing (AM) is evolving beyond prototyping to enable end-use parts production across a range of applications. Much has changed to enable this, including the development of AM processes and...
AM Investment Strategies: CEOs, Analysts & Finance Experts Share Wealth of Knowledge with 3D Printing Community
Representatives from some of the industry’s most successful 3D printing businesses joined the SmarTech – Stifel AM Investment Strategies 2021 virtual summit on September 9, 2021, to talk about the...
U.S. 3D Printing Experience Center Opened by Massivit 3D
Israel-based company Massivit 3D (MSVT.TA), a leader in large-scale 3D printing systems, has announced the opening of their Americas Experience Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The center will be open to...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.