When it comes to 3D printing, a good 3D modelling software is just as important as a high quality 3D printer. One of the more popular modeling softwares, Shade 3D, offered by Mirye Software, has announced the release of their latest update. Version 14.1.1 is immediately available on their website. The lastest version is offered in three different packages for Mac OS and Windows, and is free for those who already own version 14:
- Professional – Cost $499
- Standard – Cost $249
- Basic – Cost $99
There are several key additional features in the latest Shade 3D update, which includes the following:
- Delete Undo History. Free up available memory by deleting saved undo history.
- Orient Outward Tool.
- Features for selecting and modifying both manifold and non-manifold geometry improve use for 3D printing, prototyping and architectural visualization.
- Separate Tool. Detach contiguous surfaces and discontinuous faces, or copy as new shape objects. Separate all non-manifold edges and border edges.
- Poser 10 / Poser 2014 Integration. Native PoserFusion model and animation scene hosting now compatible with the most recent version of Smith Micro’s Poser character animation solution.
- 3D Text Primitive Improvements. Produce vertical text, plus text handling for automatic character and line spacing.
- Improved Subdivision Options for Booleans. Granular control over subdivision surfaces added to the powerful boolean modeling system in Shade 3D.
Feel free to discuss the latest update at the Shade 3D forum thread. The company has seemingly been targeting more of the 3D printing industry as several of these updates are very useful for the 3D printing crowd.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
Entire Nanosatellite 3D Printed within Single nScrypt 3D Printer
Under a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase II research grant with the Space Force, Sciperio relied on 3D printers from its sister company nScrypt to make small six unit...
NASA’s Breakthrough 2022: Artemis, 3D Printed Spacesuits and New Metal Alloys
With a dedicated multitude of followers worldwide and hundreds of thousands of people flocking to the Space Coast to see Artemis I launch on a 26-day mission around the Moon,...
Startup Accelerator: The 10 Most Active VCs in 3D Printing
The startup scene in 3D printing may be small compared to tech at large, but, as additive manufacturing (AM) increases in quality and importance, the number of firms to enter...
NASA Awards TROPICS CubeSat Mission to Rocket Lab
Spacecraft manufacturer Rocket Lab (Nasdaq: RKLB) has more big plans for the company as it expands its US presence. Known for its almost entirely 3D printed engines, the rocket company...