When it comes to 3D printing, a good 3D modelling software is just as important as a high quality 3D printer. One of the more popular modeling softwares, Shade 3D, offered by Mirye Software, has announced the release of their latest update. Version 14.1.1 is immediately available on their website. The lastest version is offered in three different packages for Mac OS and Windows, and is free for those who already own version 14:
- Professional – Cost $499
- Standard – Cost $249
- Basic – Cost $99
There are several key additional features in the latest Shade 3D update, which includes the following:
- Delete Undo History. Free up available memory by deleting saved undo history.
- Orient Outward Tool.
- Features for selecting and modifying both manifold and non-manifold geometry improve use for 3D printing, prototyping and architectural visualization.
- Separate Tool. Detach contiguous surfaces and discontinuous faces, or copy as new shape objects. Separate all non-manifold edges and border edges.
- Poser 10 / Poser 2014 Integration. Native PoserFusion model and animation scene hosting now compatible with the most recent version of Smith Micro’s Poser character animation solution.
- 3D Text Primitive Improvements. Produce vertical text, plus text handling for automatic character and line spacing.
- Improved Subdivision Options for Booleans. Granular control over subdivision surfaces added to the powerful boolean modeling system in Shade 3D.
Feel free to discuss the latest update at the Shade 3D forum thread. The company has seemingly been targeting more of the 3D printing industry as several of these updates are very useful for the 3D printing crowd.
You May Also Like
US Army Brings Supersonic LightSPEE3D Metal 3D Printer to Rock Island Arsenal
Australian company SPEE3D works hard to make metal additive manufacturing easier, and faster, for customers through its patented supersonic 3D deposition (SP3D) technology, which utilizes cold spray additive manufacturing (CSAM),...
3D Printing News Briefs, August 5, 2020: Titan Robotics & Braskem, 3DPRINTUK
Today’s 3D Printing News Briefs is about materials and a 3D printed version of a real building. Titan Robotics and Braskem are partnering up to offer new solutions in 3D...
QuesTek Innovations Wins US Air Force-America Makes 3D Printing Challenge
QuesTek Innovations has won the Macroscale Structure-to-Properties Predictions portion of an intensive four-part AFRL AM Modeling Challenge Series sponsored by the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and America Makes. Founded in 2012,...
IDAM’s Automotive 3D Printing Production Lines Make Progress with BMW, GKN and More
Since the inception of the Industrialization and Digitalization of Additive Manufacturing (IDAM) project in March 2019, progress has been made: partners have been creating the promised digitalized AM pilot lines,...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.