When it comes to 3D printing, a good 3D modelling software is just as important as a high quality 3D printer. One of the more popular modeling softwares, Shade 3D, offered by Mirye Software, has announced the release of their latest update. Version 14.1.1 is immediately available on their website. The lastest version is offered in three different packages for Mac OS and Windows, and is free for those who already own version 14:
- Professional – Cost $499
- Standard – Cost $249
- Basic – Cost $99
There are several key additional features in the latest Shade 3D update, which includes the following:
- Delete Undo History. Free up available memory by deleting saved undo history.
- Orient Outward Tool.
- Features for selecting and modifying both manifold and non-manifold geometry improve use for 3D printing, prototyping and architectural visualization.
- Separate Tool. Detach contiguous surfaces and discontinuous faces, or copy as new shape objects. Separate all non-manifold edges and border edges.
- Poser 10 / Poser 2014 Integration. Native PoserFusion model and animation scene hosting now compatible with the most recent version of Smith Micro’s Poser character animation solution.
- 3D Text Primitive Improvements. Produce vertical text, plus text handling for automatic character and line spacing.
- Improved Subdivision Options for Booleans. Granular control over subdivision surfaces added to the powerful boolean modeling system in Shade 3D.
Feel free to discuss the latest update at the Shade 3D forum thread. The company has seemingly been targeting more of the 3D printing industry as several of these updates are very useful for the 3D printing crowd.
You May Also Like
RAM Metal 3D Printing Process Receives Patents in Multiple Countries
Metal 3D printing materials developer and supplier Elementum 3D, founded in 2014 by Dr. Jacob Nuechterlein, works to expand the selection of metal materials for additive manufacturing (AM) through the...
Sustainable Cabin Built on 3D-Printed Concrete Stilts from Infested Ash Wood
Our house had several ash trees in the front and back yard while I was growing up, and we lost three of them due to various acts of nature. Ash...
3D Printing News Briefs, May 28, 2020: Desktop Metal, DOMO Chemicals, Nano Dimension
We’ve got some partnership news we’re sharing in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs! Cetim and Desktop Metal are working together, while DOMO and Zare have also announced a partnership. Moving...
Technical University of Denmark: Integrated Process Chain for Production of Molds in LPBF Additive Manufacturing
Mandaná Moshiri recently presented a thesis, ‘Integrated process chain for first-time-right mold components production using laser powder bed fusion metal additive manufacturing’, to Technical University of Denmark. Exploring high precision...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.