When it comes to 3D printing, a good 3D modelling software is just as important as a high quality 3D printer. One of the more popular modeling softwares, Shade 3D, offered by Mirye Software, has announced the release of their latest update. Version 14.1.1 is immediately available on their website. The lastest version is offered in three different packages for Mac OS and Windows, and is free for those who already own version 14:
- Professional – Cost $499
- Standard – Cost $249
- Basic – Cost $99
There are several key additional features in the latest Shade 3D update, which includes the following:
- Delete Undo History. Free up available memory by deleting saved undo history.
- Orient Outward Tool.
- Features for selecting and modifying both manifold and non-manifold geometry improve use for 3D printing, prototyping and architectural visualization.
- Separate Tool. Detach contiguous surfaces and discontinuous faces, or copy as new shape objects. Separate all non-manifold edges and border edges.
- Poser 10 / Poser 2014 Integration. Native PoserFusion model and animation scene hosting now compatible with the most recent version of Smith Micro’s Poser character animation solution.
- 3D Text Primitive Improvements. Produce vertical text, plus text handling for automatic character and line spacing.
- Improved Subdivision Options for Booleans. Granular control over subdivision surfaces added to the powerful boolean modeling system in Shade 3D.
Feel free to discuss the latest update at the Shade 3D forum thread. The company has seemingly been targeting more of the 3D printing industry as several of these updates are very useful for the 3D printing crowd.
You May Also Like
3D Printing Webinar and Virtual Event Roundup: April 17, 2021
From automotive 3D printing stars and SLS 3D printing to combining 3D scans and more, this week we’re covering an array of different topics in our 3D Printing Webinar and...
The Brittle Spear IV: Incentives
Publicly traded companies have a fiduciary responsibility to do what is best for their shareholders. It is all well and good that management should be beholden to the beneficial owners...
Ultimaker Study Suggests COVID-19 Increased Worldwide 3D Printing Adoption
Ultimaker has released its 2021 3D Printing Sentiment Index (3DPSI), showing that awareness and adoption of 3D printing went up during 2020, and that companies used it in a more...
3DPOD Episode 54: Ultimaker’s new CEO, Jürgen von Hollen
For the past several months, Jürgen von Hollen has been the CEO of Ultimaker. He comes from Cobot leader Universal Robotics and was previously in leading roles at several different...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.