A few weeks ago XYZPrinting unveiled the da Vinci 2.0 3D printer at a price tag of $649. That printer will be available in Europe starting next month. All that news left 3D printing enthusiasts in the United States feeling a bit left out. Well, today XYZPrinting gave us something to cheer about. They have made their da Vinci 1.0 3d printer available for pre-order to residents in the U.S., via Amazon.com.
The da Vinci 1.0 won the Editor’s Choice Award at the Consumer Electronics Show this year, for being the most affordable 3D printer on the market today. It will cost Americans $499 for the printer and just $28 per spool of ABS or PLA filament. The printer features a closed printing area, which protects users from the high print temperatures, and ensures that no fumes are released during prints. No assembly is required, and no equipment calibration or adjusting is needed either. Users will also get access to a cloud database of free 3D models, which can be customized as desired.
Here are the key specifications of the da Vinci 1.0:
- Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
- Maximum Build Volume (WxHxD): 7.8 x 7.8 x 7.8 inch (20x20x20cm)
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Print Speed: 150mm/sec
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Printing Modes: Fine (100 microns), Standard (200 microns), Speed (300 microns), Ultra Fast (400 microns)
- Print Head: Single Nozzle
- Print Material: ABS Available Now. PLA (coming soon)
- File Type: .STL & XYZ Format
- Connectivity: USB 2.0
The printer will come with a free starter kit, including filament, and be covered under a 1 year warranty. Discuss the availability of the da Vinci in the US. Pre-order it today at Amazon.