Sweden’s ZYYX (pronounced ‘zix’) 3D printer is one we’ve been following since its inception, coming out of the gate as a machine that offered numerous appealing features such as the ability to use different materials with their unique patchwork concept, print with high quality, and do so while avoiding noxious fumes thanks to its streamlined and elegant enclosed design which features an innovative fan working to filter air and keep prints pristine, as well as allowing you to breathe. This year, upon the release of the ZYYX+, users were promised improvements with even better print quality, an improved fan system, and a new filament line from ZYYX creator Magicfirm, a Swedish company founded in 2013 that has gradually been picking up international momentum.
Now Magnacad, headquartered in the US, has announced they will be working with Magicfirm Europe AB as a strategic partner. In this capacity, they will now be delivering the ZYYX+ line of 3D printers and materials as an authorized reseller for the US. This was definitely a case where the distributor put great thought into which products they want to handle within the US, as they began seeking a commercial grade 3D printer and found that in testing and evaluation, Magicfirm’s product outperformed all in every aspect.
“As a company that delivers software to designers and engineers to foster creativity and innovation, we needed a tool that would help them realize their visions into reality more efficiently,” said Tom Lehnhaeuser, President of Magnacad.
As a reseller of the ZYYX+ line of 3D printers, Magnacad will also distribute materials and parts for the hardware line. Already a major supplier of progressive and ‘mission critical software’ for designers and businesses in the US, the New York company has been working within the industry for more than 20 years, and steadily evolving along with their clients.
Considered the ‘first line of support for users,’ Magnacad will, according to a recent press release, provide the units as part of the IronCAD software solutions they represent, or also as standalone units. And very importantly, educational programs will also be implemented for schools so that students too are able to enjoy the ZYYX+ 3D printing experience.
”We feel proud and honored to have Magnacad representing us in the USA. They are a highly regarded supplier of software for design professionals, and we believe that our products are a perfect match to their existing offer,” says Anders Johansson, CMO for Magicfirm Europe.
Other features that make the ZYYX+ an attractive 3D printer for users worldwide are:
- Auto leveling and failed print detector
- Filament monitoring system
- Thermally isolated printhead
- Simplify3D software
- Specially coated, nonheated printbed
- Large build volume
- Unattended operation
Famous also for its fume-free operation, with the ZYYX+ 3D printer you don’t have to worry about breathing in toxins thanks to the negative pressure in the build chamber, which removes air via an active carbon filter, also keeping prints stable and eliminating issues like cracking. The ZYYX+ is also a quiet 3D printer, making it a great choice for the office. You can purchase this machine through Magnacad for $2,077. Discuss further over in the ZYYX+ 3D Printer forum over at 3DPB.com.
- Print Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication(FFF)
- Build Volume: 265 x 225 x 195 millimeters; 10.43 x 8.85 x 7.67 inches
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Max Resolution: 50 microns layer thickness, 11 microns XY positioning
- Speed: up to 200mm/s print speed
- Printing temperature: 100°-265°C; 212° – 509°F
- Filament types: PLA, ABS, Flexible PLA, TPU, Nylon, PET, Laywood, Laybrick, T-glase and more
- Interface: USB, SD Card
- Stepper Motor type: 1.8° Step angle, 1/16 micro stepping
- Build Plate: Glass build plate with ZYYX™ 3D Print Sheet top layer
- Firmware: Custom Sailfish Open Source FW
- Desktop Software: Simplify3D™
- Computer Requirements: Intel Pentium 4 or higher processor, 2GB or more of RAM, Windows XP or greater Mac OS X 10.6 or greater, Ubuntu Linux 12.10 or greater. OpenGL 2.0 capable system
- Supported file types: STL, OBJ
- Product size: 43 x 54 x 45,5 (WxHxL) centimeters; 16.9 x 21.2 x 17.9 (WxHxL) inches
- Product weight: 19 kg; 41.8 lbs
You May Also Like
3D Printing News Briefs: May 1, 2019
In today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, we’ve got stories on events and business for you, followed by an innovative piece of 3D printed furniture. The fourth Metal Additive Manufacturing Conference will...
3D Printing News Briefs: March 9, 2019
We’re taking care of business first in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, and then moving on to education. Optomec has announced two new additions to its LENS series, and CRP...
Dr. Scholl’s Partners with Wiivv for 3D Printed Custom Insoles
Most people are familiar with Dr. Scholl’s as the go-to brand for insoles. The company has become something of a household name – just as you might ask for a Kleenex...
Sculpteo Earns ISO 9001 Standard, Partners with Bombardier
3D printing service Sculpteo has announced that it has obtained the ISO 9001:2015 standard. As defined by the International Standards Organization (ISO), this standard specifies requirements for a quality management system when...