The Zortrax lineup of 3D printers is one of our favorites to write about perhaps quite simply because there’s a lot to write home about. The Zortrax ecosystem is capable of tending to just about every creative need of the maker–and then some. Offering affordability, accuracy, and a variety of materials to 3D print with, the Zortrax 3D printers are high-performance machines accompanied by dedicated software.
Now, Zortrax, headquartered in Poland, is delighting their users with a new software release called Z-Suite V1.2.0, and a corresponding contest for users who are ready to show off both their enthusiasm and mastery of an effective new tool called the Model Library. This is a new function which allows users to gain greater organization through storage of all their projects in one spot.
A project catalog can be accessed from any device at any time due to this latest, substantial new feature that adds obvious streamlining and efficiency, and also convenience with a search engine and browsing available by specific categories. Basically, it’s easier to store–and find–all work.
“The new Z-Suite version is another step in the enrichment of our ecosystem, where all the tools the user needs are in a single location,” says Zortrax COO Karolina Bołądź. “The 3D printer, production materials, and Z-Suite are now accompanied by the Model Library, which will win the hearts of users and attract specialists who want to organize and facilitate their everyday work,” she adds.
Adding a contemporary social networking edge gives the latest release a real advantage for users, as they can share–and even more importantly–learn from one another. Users can also:
- Add comments
- Label models as favorites
- Download models
- Edit models
“When we were developing the library, we drew inspiration from social networks, which have completely redefined the world surrounding us,” says Rafał Tomasiak, Zortrax CEO. “The social function is an important aspect of cooperation that lets our users share inspiration and experience to improve their work.”
“Every individual user can contribute to the development of the model database and educate others on 3D printing and its applications. People like this have helped us create a community of creative individuals working with 3D printing and guarantee a constant flow of new projects,” Tomasiak says.
Registration is fast and easy, allowing for the option of sharing and editing projects. Sections are divided clearly and users will find the Model Library very easy to use. The explore tab allows for quick browsing, along with a ‘latest projects’ section which makes checking on recent models very easy, in real time. For more on downloading the update, click here. Support is offered here.
To make things even more fun and exciting regarding the new release, users are invited to enter their latest contest in hopes of winning a 3D Zortrax M200 printer as the main prize. If you are interesting in entering, all you have to do is log into the Model Library between now and October 12 and upload your project, tagging it with the label, #Contest2015.
Entries will be judged by a jury of engineers from Zortrax, who will select the final winner. Rules for the contest are as follows:
- Only Zortrax M200 owners can enter the contest.
- To take part in the contest, log into the Zortrax Model Library in Z-Suite software and add a 3D model of your ownership.
- Added model has to be of your ownership, it cannot be owned by any other company or website.
- Added model has to be tagged with #Contest2015 tag. Only models with this tag will be considered for the contest.
- It is forbidden to copy models of other users. This kind of action will disqualify from the contest.
- All models taking part in the contest can be used by Zortrax S.A for marketing and promotional purposes.
- The contest starts on the 21st of September, ends on the 12-th of October 2015. Zortrax will select the winner and announce it 7 days after the contest end.
- The winner will be informed via email given for registration on the Zortrax Model Library. The prize – Zortrax M200 3D printer will be sent to the winner within 14 days from the announcement of the results.
- The winner is to cover the costs associated with duties and the taxes regulated by the law of his country of origin.
And last but certainly not least, if you’ve been waiting for the Zortrax robotic arm to be available for download, you can now receive the files free for downloading, along with a comprehensive manual. We’ve reported on the robotic arm previously, under its former name–the KUKA, and look forward to hearing what users create with it. Let us know if you’ll be entering in the Zortrax Contest forum thread over at 3DPB.com.