In addition to the Inside 3D Printing Conference being held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from May 26th through 29th, MecklerMedia also announced a partnership with Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited – AMTIL – to host a dedicated Digital & Additive Pavilion at this year’s Austech. The Pavilion will remain open for the entirety of the Austech Exhibition.
Austech is one of the largest advanced manufacturing and machine tool exhibitions in Australia. Austech specifically targets Australia’s metalworking industry and covers key markets like CNC machinery, sheet metal forming, laser equipment, digital and additive manufacturing, metrology, reverse engineering services, and quality control systems.
In addition to the Digital & Additive Pavilion, MecklerMedia and Inside 3D Print will also host a two-day conference dedicated entirely to additive manufacturing, set to take place during the show on May 26th and 27th. The show and conference was programmed by Bernard Meade of the University of Melbourne, and Ian Gibson of Deakin University’s School of Engineering.
3D printing industry leader Terry Wohlers has been confirmed as giving this year’s conference-opening keynote address. The keynote is scheduled for May 26th and has been titled “The Next Frontier in 3D Printing.” Wohlers is one of the most influential personalities in 3D printing and is the author of the 3D printing and additive manufacturing industry’s Wohlers Report. The report is widely considered one of the most important yearly publications dedicated to the analysis of the 3D printing industry.
Also confirmed to be speaking at the conference are:
- Milan Brandt, of RMIT University’s Professor of Advanced Manufacturing and Technical Director of Advanced Manufacturing Precinct
- Professor Xinhua Wu, founder and director of the Monash University Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Jennifer Loy, Griffith University’s Program Leader Industrial Design and Convenor 3D Design Digital Media
- Professor Dietmar W. Hutmacher PhD, Queensland University of Technology Chair in Regenerative Medicine, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation
- Tim Caffrey, Wohlers Associates Senior Consultant
- Angela Daly, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Media and Communications Law, Swinburne University of Technology
- Gail Greatorex, Director of Product Safety Solutions
- Professor Paul G. McMenamin, Director, Centre for Human Anatomy Education, Department of Anatomy & Developmental Biology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences, Monash University
- Mark Ruff, Director of 3D Body Scan
- April Staines, Solution Architect ofDigital Channels, National Australia Bank and Founder of Open Source Prop Group
- Paul Taylor, Game Designer, Educator, and Software Engineer, Quantum Victoria
- Kunal Varma, Global Sales Manager of Efesto
Among the 3D printing companies that have confirmed that they will be exhibiting will be MakerBot and their parent company Stratasys. You can also expect to find Zeal CAD, SolidThinking, Hoganas, BQ, and 3D Printing Systems in attendance. Obviously as the conference gets closer that list will increase dramatically. The Inside 3D Printing conferences and shows around the world are quickly becoming the must-attend 3D printing and additive manufacturing shows in the industry.
You can register to attend the show here, the early bird price is $399(AUD) until April 17th when the price increases to $599(AUD). On-site registration will cost $799(AUD), so registering early can save you quite a bit of money. Additionally you can receive an additional 10% discount when you use the promotional code “3DPrint”.
Will you be in attendance for this year’s Inside 3D Print Conference Melbourne and Austech Exhibition? Tell us what you’re hoping to see at the show over on the Inside 3D Print Conference Melbourne forum on 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
Industry Experts Interview Naomi Kaempfer
Naomi Kaempfer Naomi Kaempfer is the Creative Director of Art, Fashion and Design for Stratasys. She has a wide background of experience within the 3D printing and fashion realm. Kaempfer...
Inside 3D Printing Seoul Unveils this Year’s Conference Agenda
It is always best to have an opportunity to explore the latest additive manufacturing trends and technologies in one place at one time. Inside 3D Printing Seoul, taking place on...
Ganit Goldstein Collaborated with Stratasys on New Fashion Collection of 3D Printed Jewelry and Shoes
Ganit Goldstein, a fashion design graduate from Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design in Jerusalem, is one of many innovative fashion designers using 3D printing to create their designs. Recently, she...
3D Printing in Africa: 3D Printing in Ghana
3D printing in Ghana can be considered to be in transition from the early to middle stage of development. This is in comparison with other active countries such as South...