Yesterday we announced that Makerbot’s new Replicator Mini was just starting to ship out to buyers. Today, 3D Systems announced that their Cubify Cube 3 and CubePro 3D printers will now be open for pre-order. The first shipments will go out in about three to four weeks – the second half of June.
Like the Makerbot Replicator Mini, both of these printers were also initially unveiled at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, back in January, where we saw a slew of innovative new devices announced.
The Cube 3 is an everyday desktop 3D printer for the home or office. It is one of the only kid-safe 3D printers on the market, as 3D Systems plans to introduce several interesting applications for the printer, aimed towards children, education, and games. In fact, they recently announced a partnership with Hasbro, a world leader in toy and game manufacturing. The printer also features a dual filament system which allows users to print objects in up to two different colors.
Here are some general specifications of the Cube 3:
- Build Volume: 6 x 6 x 6 inches / 15.25 x 15.25 x 15.25 cm
- Layer Thickness: 70 microns, fast mode: 200 microns
- Print Material: Tough recyclable ABS plastic or compostable PLA plastic
- Catridges: Dual Cartridge, each printing 13-14 mid-size objects
- Connectivity: Wifi enabled, USB, mobile device compatibility via mobile app
- Printer Size: 13.3″ x 13.3″ x 11″ inches (deep) / 33.5 x 33.8 x 28 cm
The next device, the CubePro, received a lot of buzz at the 2014 CES because of its ability to 3D print a single object in three colors and three materials simultaneously. It also features a color touchscreen, meaning a quick and easy user interface, and has a large build volume. The printer is targeted mainly towards professionals, and is priced between $2799 and $4399, depending on whether you opt for the single, double, or triple extruder systems.
Here are some general specifications of the CubePro:
- Build Volume:
-(Single head printer)273mm (w) x 273mm (l) x 241mm (h) 10¾” x 10¾” x 9½”
-(Double head printer)229mm (w) x 273mm (l) x 241mm (h) 9″ x 10¾” x 9½”
-(Triple head printer)185mm (w) x 273mm (l) x 241mm (h) 7⅓” x 10¾” x 9½”
- Layer Thickness: 70 microns, 200 microns and 300 microns for fast mode
- Print Speed: Maximum 15mm (9/16″) per second and polymer dependent
- Print Material: PLA / ABS / dissolvable natural PLA
- Connectivity: Wifi enabled, USB, Mobile Device compatibility via mobile app
- Max Operating Temperature: 536°F / 280°C
- Printer Size: 578mm (w) x 578mm (l) x 591mm (h) 22¾” x 22¾” x 23¼”
Both printers can be pre-ordered today at the Cubify website. We would love to hear from you, if you are planning to order either of these printers. Please post comments, issues, and feedback at the Cube Printer forum thread at 3DPB.com
You May Also Like
Origin to Begin Shipping New Industrial 3D Printer, the Origin One
Interview with Scott Sevcik, VP Aerospace Stratasys, on 3D Printing for Aviation and Space
3D Printing News Briefs: October 14, 2019
Prusa Research Releases Prusa Mini for $349
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.