If you haven’t already signed up to take the next step in your 3D printing skills with our 3D Printing for Prototyping and Production course yet, now is the time! The course, which runs for 3 weeks, features 6 industry experts who will deliver incisive, insightful keynote sessions on key details, tips, and insider tricks for using 3D printing to create prototypes for manufacturing. What’s more – if you sign up today, you’ll receive the early bird rate of $99 – which is over 30% off our regular course rate. This special offer ends September 29.
Here’s a look at our special guest keynotes each week:
- Session 1 | The Benefits of 3D Printing in Prototyping with 3D Systems On Demand Manufacturing. This session, presented by our course sponsors, 3D Systems, will touch on use cases and explain the cost-savings and ease of use associated with 3D printing prototypes as compared to conventional prototyping methods. Topics covered will include rapid prototyping vs. advanced prototyping, using On Demand Manufacturing to test processes and materials, and case studies on savings and process improvements.
- Session 2 |Analysis with Fusion 360 with Jeffry Turnmire, Professional Engineer and Vice President of Applied Engineering & Management Corporation. During this session, industry expert Jeffry Turnmire will provide an overview of Fusion 360, including drafting analysis, using the section view to check tolerances, and using Fusion 360 to create manufacturing drawings and spec tolerances.
- Session 3 |Prototyping with 3D Printing: Learn Process from Sutrue’s Surgical Prototypes with Alexander Berry, Director and Product Designer, Sutrue: Handheld Suturing Devices. In this session, Alexander Berry will draw from his many years of research and development to share considerations for planning your prototype process, preparing your model for 3D printing on different processes, and refining key elements of your prototype via nuanced 3D printing processes.
- Session 4 | Finishing Prototypes with Daniel Enrique De Leon, Lead 3D/ZBrush Artist & Fabricator, Lion-Arts. During this session, Daniel Enrique De Leon will provide deep insight into finishing, sanding, and preparing prints for photography.
- Session 5 | Mold Making Using 3D Printing with Kat Ely, Principal Designer & Founder, CLEAR Design Lab. In this session, Kat Ely, an expert in 3D print molds, will discuss mold design, mold considerations when 3D printing, how 3D printed molds compare to traditional molding techniques, and prototyping molds with 3D printing.
- Session 6 | Manufacturing with 3D Printing with Jeremy Simon, Technology Executive, 3D Universe. In this final live keynote session, Jeremy Simon will share when and why to use 3D printing for production, how to optimize your production process and costs, and real-world experience on “bootstrapping” production with 3D printing.
Our exciting live speaker sessions come together with project-based learning and facilitated discussions in our online classroom to deliver an online education experience like no other. At the end of the course you will be equipped with the skills to design and create product prototypes.
Sign up before September 29 to register at our early bird rate of $99 – a steep discount off of our regular rate of $149.
Sign up for: 3D Printing for Prototyping and Production course
Discuss this and other 3D printing topics at 3DPrintBoard.com, or share your thoughts below.
You May Also Like
Metal 3D Printing: Kennametal Offers Binder Jet Tungsten Carbide
Kennametal has launched its KAR85-AM-K, tungsten carbide for binder jetting. The material, which is comparable to its existing CN13S Co-Ni-Cr powder, is tough, hard-wearing and ideal for wear-resistant parts and...
Ahead of Public Listing, New Members Join VELO3D Board
VELO3D announced the addition of three new board members ahead of its highly anticipated public listing on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the new ticker symbol “VLD.” The...
3D Systems Acquires Oqton to Drive 3D Printing for Production
In the AM industry’s second acquisition of the day, 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) now has an agreement to acquire software startup Oqton, a global SaaS company founded by manufacturing and artificial intelligence...
Desktop Metal Adds Hydraulics 3D Printing to Portfolio with Aidro Acquisition
Massachusetts-based metal 3D printing leader Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM), which went public via a SPAC deal in December of 2020, has been announcing a string of industry acquisitions since then,...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.