3D printing technology and the industry that has sprung up around it continues to grow with a momentum that seems never-ending. If you have been wondering about its staying power or future as a true force, just take a look at the speaking panel lined up for the International Conference on Additive Manufacturing & 3D Printing in Nottingham, UK.
The conference, now in its 12th year, is being held from July 11-13 at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel. The list of speakers has been released to offer highlights such as the European Space Agency, BMW, Airbus, Texas Instruments, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Carnegie Mellon, and more. This yearly event is known as one of the ‘most established’ conferences centered around the 3D printing industry, offering a forum for experts to impart their knowledge. This year over 250 3D printing and additive manufacturing professionals are expected to be in attendance from around the world.
Visitors will learn about the newest in additive manufacturing R&D to include:
- Advancement in materials
- Applications in space
- Competitive sports
- Medical and consumer product design
Speakers will not only offer their views on the industry, along with new development trends, but they will also present case studies. Topics will cover subjects regarding the need for a workforce educated in additive manufacturing in the UK, as well as
- Nano-particle jetting technology
- Mass-produced customized hearing aids
- Innovations in semiconductors, aerospace, design-led manufacturing, and metals applications
“Our conference prides itself on including a mix of speakers from research and industry roles to illustrate not only the current applications of AM technology, but to provide a platform for experts to share inroads they are making to improve the technology and expand its future uses for everyday life,” said conference chair, Prof. Richard Hague.
“We are very excited about this year’s speakers that hail from renowned research institutions, start-ups and emerging companies to established industry players and well-known brands. As always, we steer clear of the hype around 3DP and focus on the realities at every phase of technology development.”
Following is the full roster for the main conference on the 12th and 13th:
- Brent Stucker, 3DSIM
- Jonathan Meyer, Airbus
- Sarat Babu, Betatype
- Alex Fickerl, BMW
- Anthony Rollett, Carnegie Mellon University
- Johannes Gumpinger, European Space Agency
- Pete Basiliere, Gartner
- Samantha O’Callaghan, Johnson Matthey
- Bastian Rapp, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Maxim Shusteff, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Marek Korda, Leonardo MW Ltd
- Dimitris Katsanis, METRON Advanced Equipment Ltd
- Patrizia Richner, Sonova Hearing Care
- Daniel Revier, Texas Instruments
- Tim Minshall, University of Cambridge Institute for Manufacturing
- Clive Roberts, University of Nottingham
- Neil Hopkinson, Xaar
- Dror Danai, XJet
On July 11th, there will also be something new in connection with the event: a ‘pre-conference event,’ on Industrial Realities, held with Innovate UK’s Knowledge Transfer Network. You can find out more about that here, along with information regarding the speakers for that day.