3D Systems: Enjoy Powerful, Reliable Results with New 3D Inspection Capabilities in Geomagic Control X Software
One would have to wonder how far the world of 3D Systems Geomagic software can possibly expand. Meant to offer greater capabilities to the user in terms of 3D design and workflow overall, 3D Systems has certainly kept their designers updated—with a long list of releases and new features, from Sculpt 3D Modeling software and the Touch Haptic Stylus to better Scan to Design Workflow and a recent release allowing for integration of Geomagics into Solidworks with convenient scanning.
The latest announcement marks a more complex release for users, with the availability of Geomagic Control X software for 3D inspection and metrology. This software is meant for quality management and metrology workflows within a results-driven environment where fast, precise digital inspection is required. A new set of thorough and innovative tools are provided with an intuitive software for professional metrology.
According to 3D Systems, Geomagic Control X is both accurate and traceable, and offers tools for reporting and analysis that can be customized for quality assurance.
“Geomagic Control X builds on our 20-year legacy of top-grade inspection software development to introduce the world’s best-in-class metrology software,” said Scott Green, Director of Product Management, Software Solutions, 3D Systems. “The outcome is an easy-to-use solution that answers the measurement analysis requirements of manufacturers worldwide.”
The update is available to you if you are an active customer in the 3D Systems’ Maintenance Program, offering the following features:
- New Synchronous and Assembly Inspection tools: Now, you can expand inspections to cover comprehensive product assemblies with the enabling of rapid, precise, unordered inspection. The software offers editable, history-based inspection trees for repeatable inspections automatically.
- New User Interface: This feature has been ‘refreshed’ so that users can locate it more quickly and easily, enjoying the range of options available for both measuring and analyzing parts.
- New Walk-up Probing for greater productivity: Geomagic Control X now enables walk-up probing alongside pre-planned probing for fast generation of results every time.
- Improved CAD-Aware Dimensioning, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI) Support and Comprehensive Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Callouts: Intuitive dimensioning based on CAD features delivers even better efficiency while both advanced PMI and GD&T support facilitate results interpretation to keep all stakeholders on the same page.
- New Multiple Results Analysis: Simultaneous analysis using multiple results and mating parts means users are able to look forward to faster comparison, analysis and understanding of root causes behind existing production issues.
- New Custom Report Definition: Putting together specialized and unique data sets is both fast and easy to do with highly flexible report definition.
- Repeatable Probing Processes with LiveInspect: Geomagic Control X allows you to pre-plan your inspection processes and reporting for portable CMMs, and execute them at a later date, over and over, building repeatability and reliability into your inspection processes. All industry-standard non-contact and optical scanners, and a wide range of portable probing and tactile devices, are supported.
“Geomagic Control X is by far the most intuitive and powerful inspection software we have ever used,” said James Earl, Managing Director of OR3D. “We are excited for the improvements this software will bring to our customers.”
The software imports all major CAD file formats, including CATIA, NX, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor, and more, in addition to PMI and GD&T data. All CAD importers are delivered at no additional cost. Discuss further in the Geomagic Control X 3D Software forum over at 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
Thermal Management: A Necessary Innovation for 3D Printing – AMS Speaker Spotlight
In the manufacturing industry, the laws of physics are the great playing field leveler. Unconcerned with money, marketing, or good intentions, first principles innovation can create big leaps in performance...
3D Printing News Briefs, December 24, 2022: ESD Resin, Clay Tiles, & Other Materials
The focus of today’s 3D Printing News Briefs is materials, materials, and more materials! Starting with research, ORNL scientists found that naturally derived materials are fit for 3D printing. Fraunhofer...
Ursa Major and EOS to Disrupt Space Production with 3D Printed Copper
“Let’s build some engines!” That’s essentially what Ursa Major is doing. Based in Colorado, this space technology business is racing to improve humanity’s quest to explore the universe – several...
Slurry Metal 3D Printing with MetShape – AMS Focus
AM Ventures is the Networking Sponsor for the Bavarian Beer & Pretzels Networking Reception at the Additive Manufacturing Strategies, business summit February 7-9, 2023. In order to more deeply understand...