3D Systems: Enjoy Powerful, Reliable Results with New 3D Inspection Capabilities in Geomagic Control X Software
One would have to wonder how far the world of 3D Systems Geomagic software can possibly expand. Meant to offer greater capabilities to the user in terms of 3D design and workflow overall, 3D Systems has certainly kept their designers updated—with a long list of releases and new features, from Sculpt 3D Modeling software and the Touch Haptic Stylus to better Scan to Design Workflow and a recent release allowing for integration of Geomagics into Solidworks with convenient scanning.
The latest announcement marks a more complex release for users, with the availability of Geomagic Control X software for 3D inspection and metrology. This software is meant for quality management and metrology workflows within a results-driven environment where fast, precise digital inspection is required. A new set of thorough and innovative tools are provided with an intuitive software for professional metrology.
According to 3D Systems, Geomagic Control X is both accurate and traceable, and offers tools for reporting and analysis that can be customized for quality assurance.
“Geomagic Control X builds on our 20-year legacy of top-grade inspection software development to introduce the world’s best-in-class metrology software,” said Scott Green, Director of Product Management, Software Solutions, 3D Systems. “The outcome is an easy-to-use solution that answers the measurement analysis requirements of manufacturers worldwide.”
The update is available to you if you are an active customer in the 3D Systems’ Maintenance Program, offering the following features:
- New Synchronous and Assembly Inspection tools: Now, you can expand inspections to cover comprehensive product assemblies with the enabling of rapid, precise, unordered inspection. The software offers editable, history-based inspection trees for repeatable inspections automatically.
- New User Interface: This feature has been ‘refreshed’ so that users can locate it more quickly and easily, enjoying the range of options available for both measuring and analyzing parts.
- New Walk-up Probing for greater productivity: Geomagic Control X now enables walk-up probing alongside pre-planned probing for fast generation of results every time.
- Improved CAD-Aware Dimensioning, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI) Support and Comprehensive Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Callouts: Intuitive dimensioning based on CAD features delivers even better efficiency while both advanced PMI and GD&T support facilitate results interpretation to keep all stakeholders on the same page.
- New Multiple Results Analysis: Simultaneous analysis using multiple results and mating parts means users are able to look forward to faster comparison, analysis and understanding of root causes behind existing production issues.
- New Custom Report Definition: Putting together specialized and unique data sets is both fast and easy to do with highly flexible report definition.
- Repeatable Probing Processes with LiveInspect: Geomagic Control X allows you to pre-plan your inspection processes and reporting for portable CMMs, and execute them at a later date, over and over, building repeatability and reliability into your inspection processes. All industry-standard non-contact and optical scanners, and a wide range of portable probing and tactile devices, are supported.
“Geomagic Control X is by far the most intuitive and powerful inspection software we have ever used,” said James Earl, Managing Director of OR3D. “We are excited for the improvements this software will bring to our customers.”
The software imports all major CAD file formats, including CATIA, NX, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor, and more, in addition to PMI and GD&T data. All CAD importers are delivered at no additional cost. Discuss further in the Geomagic Control X 3D Software forum over at 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
RAM Metal 3D Printing Process Receives Patents in Multiple Countries
Metal 3D printing materials developer and supplier Elementum 3D, founded in 2014 by Dr. Jacob Nuechterlein, works to expand the selection of metal materials for additive manufacturing (AM) through the...
Sustainable Cabin Built on 3D-Printed Concrete Stilts from Infested Ash Wood
Our house had several ash trees in the front and back yard while I was growing up, and we lost three of them due to various acts of nature. Ash...
3D Printing News Briefs, May 28, 2020: Desktop Metal, DOMO Chemicals, Nano Dimension
We’ve got some partnership news we’re sharing in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs! Cetim and Desktop Metal are working together, while DOMO and Zare have also announced a partnership. Moving...
Technical University of Denmark: Integrated Process Chain for Production of Molds in LPBF Additive Manufacturing
Mandaná Moshiri recently presented a thesis, ‘Integrated process chain for first-time-right mold components production using laser powder bed fusion metal additive manufacturing’, to Technical University of Denmark. Exploring high precision...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.