3D Systems: Enjoy Powerful, Reliable Results with New 3D Inspection Capabilities in Geomagic Control X Software
One would have to wonder how far the world of 3D Systems Geomagic software can possibly expand. Meant to offer greater capabilities to the user in terms of 3D design and workflow overall, 3D Systems has certainly kept their designers updated—with a long list of releases and new features, from Sculpt 3D Modeling software and the Touch Haptic Stylus to better Scan to Design Workflow and a recent release allowing for integration of Geomagics into Solidworks with convenient scanning.
The latest announcement marks a more complex release for users, with the availability of Geomagic Control X software for 3D inspection and metrology. This software is meant for quality management and metrology workflows within a results-driven environment where fast, precise digital inspection is required. A new set of thorough and innovative tools are provided with an intuitive software for professional metrology.
According to 3D Systems, Geomagic Control X is both accurate and traceable, and offers tools for reporting and analysis that can be customized for quality assurance.
“Geomagic Control X builds on our 20-year legacy of top-grade inspection software development to introduce the world’s best-in-class metrology software,” said Scott Green, Director of Product Management, Software Solutions, 3D Systems. “The outcome is an easy-to-use solution that answers the measurement analysis requirements of manufacturers worldwide.”
The update is available to you if you are an active customer in the 3D Systems’ Maintenance Program, offering the following features:
- New Synchronous and Assembly Inspection tools: Now, you can expand inspections to cover comprehensive product assemblies with the enabling of rapid, precise, unordered inspection. The software offers editable, history-based inspection trees for repeatable inspections automatically.
- New User Interface: This feature has been ‘refreshed’ so that users can locate it more quickly and easily, enjoying the range of options available for both measuring and analyzing parts.
- New Walk-up Probing for greater productivity: Geomagic Control X now enables walk-up probing alongside pre-planned probing for fast generation of results every time.
- Improved CAD-Aware Dimensioning, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI) Support and Comprehensive Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Callouts: Intuitive dimensioning based on CAD features delivers even better efficiency while both advanced PMI and GD&T support facilitate results interpretation to keep all stakeholders on the same page.
- New Multiple Results Analysis: Simultaneous analysis using multiple results and mating parts means users are able to look forward to faster comparison, analysis and understanding of root causes behind existing production issues.
- New Custom Report Definition: Putting together specialized and unique data sets is both fast and easy to do with highly flexible report definition.
- Repeatable Probing Processes with LiveInspect: Geomagic Control X allows you to pre-plan your inspection processes and reporting for portable CMMs, and execute them at a later date, over and over, building repeatability and reliability into your inspection processes. All industry-standard non-contact and optical scanners, and a wide range of portable probing and tactile devices, are supported.
“Geomagic Control X is by far the most intuitive and powerful inspection software we have ever used,” said James Earl, Managing Director of OR3D. “We are excited for the improvements this software will bring to our customers.”
The software imports all major CAD file formats, including CATIA, NX, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor, and more, in addition to PMI and GD&T data. All CAD importers are delivered at no additional cost. Discuss further in the Geomagic Control X 3D Software forum over at 3DPB.com.
You May Also Like
3DQue Enables Automated, Wireless 3D Printing with New Pi Kit for Quinly
Canadian startup 3DQue always does what it can to achieve, and promote, mass production and cluster production through automated 3D printing solutions. Now, the Vancouver-based company has announced the release...
3D Printing Webinar and Virtual Event Roundup: November 29, 2020
While there are no more webinars for the month of November, we have plenty coming up this week when it switches to December. Topics including 3D software updates, cloud-based solutions,...
3D Printing News Briefs, November 28, 2020: Thinking Huts, nScrypt, Alloyed, ASTM International
We’re covering a variety of topics for you in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs. A nonprofit organization is developing a pilot project to build a 3D printed school, while nScrypt...
Playstation, 3D Printing, and the Future of Manufacturing
Filling an Industry 4.0 conference lineup is easy. Getting a lot of people excited about lights-out factories is also quite easy. It seems to be a simple way to get...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.