Let’s face it, modern air travel is a drag. Sure it’s nice to fly up in the clouds, but the recycled air, crying babies, subpar food and unfriendly TSA agents are for the birds. Then there’s the dreaded jet-lag, which can be compounded when crossing the international date line. The last thing you need is to have endured all that and then sleep through your alarm the next day. Well, WITTI is trying to help everybody get up and get going with the BEDDI Intelligent Alarm Clock.
BEEDI isn’t just an ordinary alarm clock, it’s an all-in-one, app-enabled alarm clock and home automation hub that can make getting through your morning routine a little easier. No more worrying about what the weather is going to be like, or if traffic is going to be a nightmare. BEDDI allows users to manage various aspects of their day without leaving their bed through IoT connectivity. Because seriously, don’t we all need an extra 15 minutes before getting up? As WITTI CEO Alfred Wong explains:
“Waking up is half the battle. We created BEDDI to offer the best wake up experience possible and help users start their day on a positive note. As smartphones replace traditional alarm clocks, we took BEDDI one step further to combine the functionality and flexibility of a smartphone with the added benefits of intelligent home control right from your night stand.”
BEDDI’s equipped with voice commands that include real time traffic conditions, the current weather, and when your Uber ride will arrive, as well as the abilities to adjust your Hue or LIFX enabled lights and NEST controlled air conditioning. Yeah, you can get an Uber without going through all the work of operating your smartphone.
BEDDI has a very sleek, simple design and Wong told me at CE Week that 3D printing was instrumental in getting its modern styling just right. He went through several prototypes to get to the final design. And I have to say it’s a very nice looking device with some impressive tech.
“With 3D printing, we were able to review our preliminary designs quickly which in turn shortened the development time,” says Wong, “3D printing is now very affordable, and thus we can build various design options and not worry as much about development time & cost.”
. Key features of BEDDI include:
- Wake Up Light: Inspired by sunrise, the built-in wake up light can be set to gradually brighten the room at a specific time to help users wake up naturally and adjust to their morning in a relaxed manner
- Wake Up to Spotify: Users can wake up to their favorite Spotify playlist and instantly play music with a push of a button
- Real-Time Traffic Updates: Users can save their commute information in the BEDDI app which will provide a recommended departure time when they alarm goes off based on current traffic conditions
- One-Touch UberR Ride Request: With a simple push of a button, users can request an Uber ride from pre-set pickup locations and BEDDI will notify you when your ride has arrived
- Weather Alerts: Through voice prompts, users are alerted of weather conditions, such as temperature and humidity
- IoT Connectivity: Programmable buttons allow users to connect and control other smart home devices such as Nest, Philips Hue and LIFX
- High-Quality Audio: BEDDI uses high-quality speaker drivers to ensure crisp and clear sound for your music and alarm
- Multiple Device Charging: BEDDI provides two USB charging ports to charge your smartphone, tablet and/or smartwatch at night
- White Noise Generator: Integrated white noise generator plays soothing sounds to help users fall asleep quickly and stay asleep longer
- Multi-Colored Mood Light: BEDDI features 16 million LED color options to set the mood or activate a sunrise simulation to be woken up peacefully each morning
- Case Compatible: BEDDI is designed to work with most smartphones without needing to remove their case
- FM Radio: With built-in FM Radio accessibility, you can listen to your favorite radio stations outside of the car
- WeMo: Control your home’s appliances through Automation Switches
BEDDI had successful Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns and is now available through WITTI, Indiegogo InDemand and Amazon.com for $99.99 (MSRP). Considering what it may cost you to be late to that morning meeting, the BEDDI Intelligent Alarm Clock may be a wise investment. With BEDDI you may never be late again.
Below is a video of BEDDI:
You May Also Like
SmarTech Analysis Launches New Data Product Addressing Parts Produced by Additive Manufacturing
Industry analyst firm SmarTech Analysis today announced a new data product geared towards addressing the critical metric of additively manufactured parts produced. The Additive Manufacturing Applications Market Analysis Report is a...
3DPOD Episode 14: Consumer and Affordable 3D Printers
This 3DPod Episode is filled with opinion. Here we look at our favorite affordable desktop 3D printers. We evaluate what we want to see in a printer and how far...
Hybrid Manufacturing: Opportunities for Additive Manufacturing and CNC Companies
“Hybrid Manufacturing Markets: Opportunities for Additive Manufacturing and CNC Companies”, a new report from SmarTech Analysis, digs down into the market for hybrid manufacturing systems, which combine AM with subtractive...
3DPOD Episode 13: Support Free Metal AM with Velo3D’s Zach Murphee
Velo3D was a mysterious stealth startup that unveiled a potentially breakthrough metal technology last year. Revealing more about its capabilities, partnering with service partners, and working towards printing aerospace parts...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.