Literally there are hundreds of different 3D printers on the market. This number has grown substantially over the last 12 month, making it nearly impossible to keep track of them all. Some positive implication of such competition, from a consumer’s standpoint, are the drastic drops in pricing that we are seeing, as well as the tremendous number of options of 3D printers that we currently we have available to choose from.
There are large printers, small printers, cheap printers, pricey printers, fast printer, and printers utilizing all sorts of different technologies. What you won’t find much of, however, are printers which are both cheap, and have a large build volume. This is a simple outcome of the cost of materials. One company called Zeni Kinectic, known for their quality, affordable 3D printer filaments, is trying to change this fact.
Recently they announced the launch of a brand new line of three new 3D printers, which have large build volumes, as well as prices which won’t break the bank. The printers called the Zeni Kinetic Origin Prime, Zeni Kinetic Origin Plus, and Zeni Kinetic Origin Ultimate are now open for pre-orders. All three printers have the following base specifications:
- Build Volume: 300mm x 300mm x 250mm (12 x 12 x 10 inches)
- Printer Weight: 25kg
- Extruder: Single extruder with your choice of .25mm, .35mm or .5mm nozzle with fan
- Filament Size: 1.75mm
- Filament Type: Prints with PLA and any filament up to 230C that does not require a heated bed.
- Layer Height: Down to 75 microns
- Print Speed: Up to 150mm / sec.
- Choose from several different colors including, gray, blue, aqua, red, & raspberry
In addition, the Origin Plus also will include the following features:
- Print materials can be PLA, ABS, HIPS, PVA and most other filament materials, up to 250C.
- Dual extruders with your choice of .25mm .35mm or .5mm nozzles
- Heated bed: Up to 120 C
- Tempered Glass removeable build plate for easy print cooling and removal.
- 2 Spool Bays
The Origin Ultimate will include everything found on the Origin Plus, in addition to the following:
- Upgraded controller: NXP LPC 1768/9 32-bit Cortex-M3 MCU
- LCD controller for standalone operation
- Print speeds up to 200 mm / sec.
- Easy bed leveling with auto software calibration sensor.
- SD Card slot
- Network connection port
Now for pricing, the Prime will run you $699, the Plus is $889 , and the Ultimate $1,150. For the build volume that each of these machines have, along with the additional features available in the upgraded printers, these 3D printers are all very affordable compared to other competitive printers on the market today. As an added bonus, all pre-orders will ship in approximately 3-5 weeks with 4 spools of filament, in any color, material, or diameter available. Let us know if you have pre-ordered one of these three 3D printers, in the Zeni Kinectic 3D printer forum thread on 3DPB.com. Check out the video below showing a time lapse of the Zeni Kinectic Origin printing an object.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and recieve information and offers from thrid party vendors.
You May Also Like
3D Printing in Architecture, Engineering, Product Design: 3D Hubs Announces 2018 Student Grant Winners
Last year, 3D Hubs, the world’s largest online network of 3D printing services, reported that nearly 500 applicants from 300 universities around the world applied for its extremely popular Student Grant...
First Entirely 3D Printed Estate is Coming to NY, Including a 3D Printed 2400 Sqft House, Pool & More
New York City architect/contractor Adam Kushner begins construction of the first ever 3D printed estate, which features a 3D printed swimming pool, 4-bedroom, 2400 square foot home, and more. The...