Just over a year ago M3D’s ‘The Micro 3D Printer’ was launched. It was touted as “The First Truly Consumer 3D Printer” and what a success it was, raising more than $3.4 million and in doing so becoming the most successful 3D printer Kickstarter ever. The 3D printer, which was priced lower than any other 3D printer the world had ever seen, received backing from over 11,800 different people.
With close to 12,000 backers of their project, certainly for a good majority of these people this will be their first 3D Printer. Before their skills grow, novice 3D printer users will undoubtedly wish to try out some fast and simple prints. Luckily, the Micro 3D printer offers those new to 3D printing an effortless plug and play experience, so all they need to do now is scour the web for some simple, yet useful designs. This is where 3DShare and M3D want your help.
In order to win yourself a 3D printer, they want to see your best designs that are both simple and fast to print. They will be looking at usefulness, stylishness, and general creativity when crowning a winner.
The BIG Prize:
- 1 winner will receive The Micro 3D printer in a black.
- The winner’s design will be featured on 3DPrint.com.
- The winner’s design will be entered into 3DShare’s annual ‘Design of the Year’ award.
So here’s what you have to do to enter!
- If you haven’t already, go and sign up to 3DShare!
- Upload your creation and add the tag ‘Micro’ to your design.
- The design must be exclusive to 3DShare.
- It must be your own work.
- The judges will be industry experts who will judge the designs based purely on their originality, usefulness, and creativity.
- The competition end date is 10.00pm GMT Tuesday, June 30.
That’s all you have to do for a chance to win your very own 3D printer. If you are looking for some inspiration, check out some of these simple, elegant, and useful designs over on 3DShare and get going. Alternatively, if you cannot wait for the competition to end, you can go and order yourself a Micro here!
Have you entered this contest, feel free to show off your design in the M3D/3DShare Contest forum thread on 3DPB.com.