Back in October of 2013, a company named ORD Solutions launched a Kickstarter campaign. The results? They were extremely successful in blowing past their funding goal of $25,000 CAD, and reaching an astounding figure of $116,592 CAD. All of their backers have now received their 3D printers, and the company has begun selling and shipping the printer from their webstore.
ORD Solutions isn’t satisfied though. They are one of those companies always striving to improve upon their products, no matter how amazing those products are. This is a tremendous business strategy, that the Apple’s and Google’s of the world have been very successful at implementing. It’s a way to stay ahead of the competition, even though their customers are already extremely satisfied with their products. ORD Solutions has informed 3DPrint.com that they will be launching their second Kickstarter campaign for their next model of 3D printer, which is currently being referred to as the MH3000 R2.
The name will change though, as they are now holding a contest, in order to come up with a fitting name for their latest 3D printer. The company feels that it needs a better name to go by, so they will be giving away the newest version of their printer to the person that they feel comes up with the best naming idea.
“We have been racking our brains trying to think up a name that accurately reflects our printer’s strengths, and we’ve come up blank,” explained Director of Marketing for ORD Solutions, Jenn Gibson. “Instead of paying an advertising company to come up with a name, we decided to use the money to fund a printer, and see what our customers and potential customers can come up with. If we choose one of the submitted names, the submitter will get a free printer. It’s that simple.”
As for the Kickstarter campaign, it is already mostly ready to go, as far as setting up, coming up with backer options, and listing the new specifications of the MH3000 R2 3D printer.
“The goal is to get it (Kickstarter campaign) approved over the next week, finish the naming contest on the 20th, and launch as soon as possible afterwards,” Gibson tells 3DPrint.com.
While no official launch date as been decided upon, it seems as though the launch will occur sometime before the end of this month.
The New MH3000 R2
The new MH3000 R2 (will be renamed soon), will contain all of the great features that the MH3000 R1 had, including the following:
- Aircraft grade aluminum plate frame.
- Stainless steel gears.
- All metal pulleys.
- Stainless steel bearings.
- Non-load bearing plastic parts are injection molded for greater reliability.
- Extruders moved off the X-carriage to make it faster and lighter.
- Side mounted extruders for easy access.
- Quick release feed gear for faster filament changes.
- 5 distinct print nozzles, each with their own Bowden style extruder.
- All metal hot ends capable of printing at temperatures up to 450°C.
- Custom nozzles in 3 sizes (.35mm, .5mm, .7mm).
- 20 amp heated bed for fast heating and capable of temperatures up to 115°C.
- High torque stepper motors for faster and more accurate prints.
- Custom electronic board manufactured to our high standards.
- Build volume of 11.18″(X) by 11.88″(Y) by 7.55″ (Z).
- Self-contained unit that fits on industry standard printer platforms.
- Comes fully assembled and ready to print.
- 1 month free support (1 year support available for an additional fee).
- 3 months warranty (longer warranty available for an additional fee).
In addition to all of these great features included on the original printer, the MH3000 R2 will also include more options and features to make this 3D printer one of the best on the market today.
- Super flat stamped aluminum bed with a 100 micron tolerance from edge to edge.
- Larger and more robust heater for the print bed, allowing for bed temperatures of up to 125°C to the very edges.
- LED lights on print bed for easier monitoring of print progress.
- Electronically controlled liquid cooling system that automatically shuts off after the cool down at the end of a print.
- Hi Flo(TM) Technology for smoother filament flow and less jamming.
- Enhanced Bowden tubes with less flex for more precise extrusion control.
- Rubber feet to protect the surface of your printer stand.
- Option for touch screen and SD Card printing so your computer does not need to be tethered to the printer during the print.
By backing the MH3000 R2 on Kickstarter, you will get many exclusive bonuses including the following:
- $300 Savings on the Post-Kickstarter Printer Price
- Free 1kg Spool of ABS or PLA Filament for each extruder you pledge for. Choose from 13 different colors.
- High Torque Stepper Motors – These will be available as an option for post-Kickstarter printers – $100 value
This printer compares very favorably to others on the market today, with a price per feature ratio that blows away their competitors.
The company is will have some very interesting stretch goals, starting as soon as they raise $50,000. If the campaign reaches $200,000 they will announce a secret project, which would be unlocked if they reach a stretch-goal of $300,000.
The price for this printer? Kickstarter backers will be able to purchase it starting at $2,199 with 1 extrusion nozzle and $2,599 with 5 nozzles (see chart below).
This is, without a doubt, one of the higher quality 3D printers on the market today. The second version will certainly be an improvement over the first. Do you currently own an MH3000 3D printer? Do you plan on backing this upcoming Kickstarter campaign? Discuss it in the MH3000 R2 discussion thread on 3DPB.com
[Source: Ord Solutions]
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
Upload your 3D Models and get them printed quickly and efficiently.