You still have time to join our 3D Printing for Prototyping and Production course, beginning on October 31, to learn the latest techniques in 3D print design for manufacturing. With this course, you’ll be armed with the knowledge and skills you need to design and 3D print your prototype using the most appropriate methods and most relevant tools.
In this 3-week long intensive course you’ll learn all about the process of designing and 3D printing a prototype, from why 3D printing is the most optimal way to prototype your designs, to the tools you’ll need to use, to considerations for the printing process itself. The course features twice-weekly live keynotes from leaders in the field of 3D printing for manufacturing who will provide insight into cutting edge tools and techniques, sharing their tips and tricks for creating fully-functional 3D printing prototypes. You’ll be provided Fusion 360 tutorials, CAD software demos, and much more.
In addition, throughout the course, you’ll be guided by industry expert Jordan Pelovitz, who will facilitate the online classroom experience, as well as provide thoughtful notes and feedback on your weekly assignments, designed to build on skills and techniques you’re introduced to in each week’s live keynote sessions.
Here are some examples of what you’ll learn in each session:
- Session 1 | Learn about the benefits of 3D printing prototypes as compared to conventional prototyping methods with our sponsors, 3D Systems On Demand Manufacturing.
- Session 2 | Learn the ins and outs of Fusion 360 (including drafting analysis, checking tolerances, and creating manufacturing drawings) with with Jeffry Turnmire, Professional Engineer and Vice President of Applied Engineering & Management Corporation.
- Session 3 | Explore the many nuanced considerations for planning your prototype process, preparing your model for 3D printing, and refining your design with Alexander Berry, Director and Product Designer, Sutrue: Handheld Suturing Devices.
- Session 4 | Learn about finishing, sanding, and preparing prints for photography in this insightful session with Daniel Enrique De Leon, Lead 3D/ZBrush Artist & Fabricator, Lion-Arts.
- Session 5 | Learn all about mold making – from designing to printing – with Kat Ely, Principal Designer & Founder, CLEAR Design Lab.
- Session 6 | Learn about when and why to use 3D printing for production and optimizing production process and costs with Jeremy Simon, Technology Executive, 3D Universe.
And if you missed the first week’s live session, worry not! Everything you need is archived in the online classroom for quick and easy reference. You’ll be able to view a recording of the session, follow along with the chat, and save a copy of the slides for your notes. You’ll even have access to our past course recordings and be able to beef up your design skills with our past expert keynotes! So don’t miss out on your last chance to push your 3D printing for production further: sign up for our 3D Printing for Prototyping and Production course, and hone your skills today.
Will you be joining the course? Let us know what you think at 3DPrintBoard.com or in the Facebook comments below.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
CORE Offers to Buy 3D Printing Service Fathom Amid Economic Downturn
Fathom Digital Manufacturing Corp. (NYSE: FATH), a player in the on-demand digital manufacturing sector, received a non-binding acquisition proposal from CORE Industrial Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm that played...
3D Printing News Unpeeled: Iowa Tears Down 3D Printed House, Immensa Gets $20M
The city of Muscatine had an ambitious plan to construct 10 3D printed homes and has now torn down the first one. The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine (CFGM), Muscatine...
Automation in 3D Printing Software: Authentise & CASTOR at formnext 2023
AM workflow software provider Authentise attended the recent formnext 2023 in Frankfurt, and I spoke to CEO Andre Wegner at the event about the company’s newest product, an engineering collaboration...
India’s Agnikul Lands $24M in Series B Funding, Fueling Space 3D Printing Innovation
In a significant development for India’s emerging space technology sector, Agnikul Cosmos has raised Rs 2 billion (roughly $24 million) in a Series B funding round. The news comes as...
Upload your 3D Models and get them printed quickly and efficiently.