Originally developed for a NASA project, we present a powerful diode laser that can convert your 3D printer or CNC router into a powerful laser engraving / cutting machine.
- In 2014 we created the 2.1W L-Cheapo laser.
- In the middle of 2015 we presented the 3.5W L-Cheapo Mk3.
- In 2016 we forged ahead with the L-Cheapo Mk4 at 5.6W.
- Now, we introduce the Mk5. 8 watts of continuous output allows for working on any material that can be engraved or cut by a CO2 laser.
Meet the L-Cheapo Mk5, with an optical output of 8000mW – continuous over hours, and measured at the workpiece.
Engraving on aluminum
- Optimized for continuous output: beware competitors who only state their peak output! We promise 8000mW and deliver 8000mW or above, consistently.
- 24/7 full tech support.
- Easy to install and remove for quick tool swapping.
- Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC mills.
- Can cut and engrave many materials including: wood, plywood, fabric, felt, acrylic, ABS, PLA, cardboard, hardboard. Can be used for PCB and aluminum etching with the appropriate chemicals.
- Solid state design. Only one lens to focus (once), no mirrors, no fragile glass.
- Made in the USA.
The Mk5 has enough optical output to cut 6-8 mm (more than 1/4”) of wood and plywood.
Engrave images on plastic and acrylic, including clear acrylic.
Engrave on glass, and etch aluminum or copper to make PCBs.
With the Mk4 L-Cheapo 5.6W laser you can turn your creativity into reality. Start laser cutting and laser engraving with ease as never before.
All models within the L-Cheapo line can be easily installed on any 3D printer or CNC machine. If you already have a laser engraver, the control system allows for rapid upgrading of your laser by swapping the diode block. The L-Cheapo does not require additional cooling or optical trimming; runs on 12V to 24V inclusive, allowing you to use a ATX power supply or laptop power brick if you so choose.
Engrave and cut images from JPEG, EPS, gcode, NC files and more using the unified plugins.
- For a limited time, get your 8W MK5 L-Cheapo laser today for only $549.
- For 3DPrint.com readers, get your 5.6W MK4 L-Cheapo laser today for only
- Special offer on 3.5W MK3 L-Cheapo laser for only
Below are more videos showcasing these capabilities:
You May Also Like
Stratasys Origin One Used to 3D Print Head Lice Treatment Devices
Last month, Stratasys (SSYS) completed its acquisition of open SLA startup Origin. Today, the company has announced that Enventys Partners, a full-service, turnkey product launch agency for the AM industry, is...
Micro 3D Printing Startup BMF Announces Partnership with Materialise
Materialise (Nasdaq: MTLS) has long been developing build processors and software for systems in the 3D printing industry, ranging from desktop extrusion 3D printers to industrial scale machines. Now, Materialise...
3D Printing News Briefs, February 24, 2021: Auburn University, Vector Photonics, Siemens Energy, Omegasonics, Bugatti, Hackaday
We’re starting with some business in 3D Printing News Briefs today, talking about Auburn University’s Additive Manufacturing Accelerator and Vector Photonics leading the BLOODLINE consortium, which I promise isn’t as...
Custom-Fit 3D Printed Earphone Design Developed by Formlabs and Sennheiser AMBEO
Formlabs Factory Solutions are 3D printing solutions specifically tailored to businesses looking to build scalable manufacturing solutions, and include feasibility studies, consulting services, production workflow optimization, and manufacturing infrastructures based...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.