Originally developed for a NASA project, we present a powerful diode laser that can convert your 3D printer or CNC router into a powerful laser engraving / cutting machine.
- In 2014 we created the 2.1W L-Cheapo laser.
- In the middle of 2015 we presented the 3.5W L-Cheapo Mk3.
- In 2016 we forged ahead with the L-Cheapo Mk4 at 5.6W.
- Now, we introduce the Mk5. 8 watts of continuous output allows for working on any material that can be engraved or cut by a CO2 laser.
Meet the L-Cheapo Mk5, with an optical output of 8000mW – continuous over hours, and measured at the workpiece.
Engraving on aluminum
- Optimized for continuous output: beware competitors who only state their peak output! We promise 8000mW and deliver 8000mW or above, consistently.
- 24/7 full tech support.
- Easy to install and remove for quick tool swapping.
- Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC mills.
- Can cut and engrave many materials including: wood, plywood, fabric, felt, acrylic, ABS, PLA, cardboard, hardboard. Can be used for PCB and aluminum etching with the appropriate chemicals.
- Solid state design. Only one lens to focus (once), no mirrors, no fragile glass.
- Made in the USA.
The Mk5 has enough optical output to cut 6-8 mm (more than 1/4”) of wood and plywood.
Engrave images on plastic and acrylic, including clear acrylic.
Engrave on glass, and etch aluminum or copper to make PCBs.
With the Mk4 L-Cheapo 5.6W laser you can turn your creativity into reality. Start laser cutting and laser engraving with ease as never before.
All models within the L-Cheapo line can be easily installed on any 3D printer or CNC machine. If you already have a laser engraver, the control system allows for rapid upgrading of your laser by swapping the diode block. The L-Cheapo does not require additional cooling or optical trimming; runs on 12V to 24V inclusive, allowing you to use a ATX power supply or laptop power brick if you so choose.
Engrave and cut images from JPEG, EPS, gcode, NC files and more using the unified plugins.
- For a limited time, get your 8W MK5 L-Cheapo laser today for only $549.
- For 3DPrint.com readers, get your 5.6W MK4 L-Cheapo laser today for only
- Special offer on 3.5W MK3 L-Cheapo laser for only
Below are more videos showcasing these capabilities:
You May Also Like
3D Printing Microstructures for New Drug Delivery Systems with SPHRINT
In the recently published, ‘SPHRINT – Printing Drug Delivery Microspheres from Polymeric Melts,’ authors Tal Shpigel, Almog Uziel, and Dan Y. Lewitus explore better ways to offer sustained release pharmaceuticals...
3D Printing Polymeric Foam with Better Performance & Longevity for Industrial Applications
In the recently published ‘Age-aware constitutive materials model for a 3D printed polymeric foam,’ authors A. Maiti, W. Small, J.P. Lewicki, S.C. Chinn, T.S. Wilson, and A.P. Saab explore the...
Successes In 3D Printing Spinal Implants in Two Complex Cases
In the recently published ‘Challenges in the design and regulatory approval of 3D printed surgical implants: a two-case series,’ authors Koen Willemsen, Razmara Nizak, Herke Jan Noordmans, René M Castelein,...
Modular, Digital Construction System for 3D Printing Lightweight Reinforced Concrete Spatial Structures
Spatial structure systems, like lattices, are efficient load-bearing structures that are easy to adapt geometrically and well-suited for column-free, long-spanning constructions, such as hangars and terminals, and in creating free-form...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.