Originally developed for a NASA project, we present a powerful diode laser that can convert your 3D printer or CNC router into a powerful laser engraving / cutting machine.
- In 2014 we created the 2.1W L-Cheapo laser.
- In the middle of 2015 we presented the 3.5W L-Cheapo Mk3.
- In 2016 we forged ahead with the L-Cheapo Mk4 at 5.6W.
- Now, we introduce the Mk5. 8 watts of continuous output allows for working on any material that can be engraved or cut by a CO2 laser.
Meet the L-Cheapo Mk5, with an optical output of 8000mW – continuous over hours, and measured at the workpiece.
Engraving on aluminum
- Optimized for continuous output: beware competitors who only state their peak output! We promise 8000mW and deliver 8000mW or above, consistently.
- 24/7 full tech support.
- Easy to install and remove for quick tool swapping.
- Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC mills.
- Can cut and engrave many materials including: wood, plywood, fabric, felt, acrylic, ABS, PLA, cardboard, hardboard. Can be used for PCB and aluminum etching with the appropriate chemicals.
- Solid state design. Only one lens to focus (once), no mirrors, no fragile glass.
- Made in the USA.
The Mk5 has enough optical output to cut 6-8 mm (more than 1/4”) of wood and plywood.
Engrave images on plastic and acrylic, including clear acrylic.
Engrave on glass, and etch aluminum or copper to make PCBs.
With the Mk4 L-Cheapo 5.6W laser you can turn your creativity into reality. Start laser cutting and laser engraving with ease as never before.
All models within the L-Cheapo line can be easily installed on any 3D printer or CNC machine. If you already have a laser engraver, the control system allows for rapid upgrading of your laser by swapping the diode block. The L-Cheapo does not require additional cooling or optical trimming; runs on 12V to 24V inclusive, allowing you to use a ATX power supply or laptop power brick if you so choose.
Engrave and cut images from JPEG, EPS, gcode, NC files and more using the unified plugins.
- For a limited time, get your 8W MK5 L-Cheapo laser today for only $549.
- For 3DPrint.com readers, get your 5.6W MK4 L-Cheapo laser today for only
- Special offer on 3.5W MK3 L-Cheapo laser for only
Below are more videos showcasing these capabilities:
You May Also Like
Mobile Smart Factories Seek to 3D Print Wherever, Whenever
Bionic Production GmBH has developed a very interesting initiative dubbed the Mobile Smart Factory, a modular shipping container-based production site, equipped with 3D printing devices to provide real-time and onsite ...
3D Printing for Preoperative Simulation of Complex Cardiovascular Surgery
Last month, doctors in east China’s Nanchang city used 3D printing technology for the first time to assist a complex cardiovascular surgery. Before outlining their final plan, a pre-operative evaluation...
Greater Potential for Artificial Intelligence in Additive Manufacturing
Researchers from China continue in the quest to continually top 3D printing capabilities, adding complex layers with other technologies into the fold, as detailed in the recently published ‘Smart additive...
Using Symmetry and 3D Printed Medical Models to Repair Bone Fractures
In a new study, a team of researchers from China compared the clinical outcomes of treating isolated acetabular (concave surface of the pelvis) fractures with traditional 3D-printed planning models and...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.