Originally developed for a NASA project, we present a powerful diode laser that can convert your 3D printer or CNC router into a powerful laser engraving / cutting machine.
- In 2014 we created the 2.1W L-Cheapo laser.
- In the middle of 2015 we presented the 3.5W L-Cheapo Mk3.
- In 2016 we forged ahead with the L-Cheapo Mk4 at 5.6W.
- Now, we introduce the Mk5. 8 watts of continuous output allows for working on any material that can be engraved or cut by a CO2 laser.
Meet the L-Cheapo Mk5, with an optical output of 8000mW – continuous over hours, and measured at the workpiece.
Engraving on aluminum
- Optimized for continuous output: beware competitors who only state their peak output! We promise 8000mW and deliver 8000mW or above, consistently.
- 24/7 full tech support.
- Easy to install and remove for quick tool swapping.
- Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC mills.
- Can cut and engrave many materials including: wood, plywood, fabric, felt, acrylic, ABS, PLA, cardboard, hardboard. Can be used for PCB and aluminum etching with the appropriate chemicals.
- Solid state design. Only one lens to focus (once), no mirrors, no fragile glass.
- Made in the USA.
The Mk5 has enough optical output to cut 6-8 mm (more than 1/4”) of wood and plywood.
Engrave images on plastic and acrylic, including clear acrylic.
Engrave on glass, and etch aluminum or copper to make PCBs.
With the Mk4 L-Cheapo 5.6W laser you can turn your creativity into reality. Start laser cutting and laser engraving with ease as never before.
All models within the L-Cheapo line can be easily installed on any 3D printer or CNC machine. If you already have a laser engraver, the control system allows for rapid upgrading of your laser by swapping the diode block. The L-Cheapo does not require additional cooling or optical trimming; runs on 12V to 24V inclusive, allowing you to use a ATX power supply or laptop power brick if you so choose.
Engrave and cut images from JPEG, EPS, gcode, NC files and more using the unified plugins.
- For a limited time, get your 8W MK5 L-Cheapo laser today for only $549.
- For 3DPrint.com readers, get your 5.6W MK4 L-Cheapo laser today for only
- Special offer on 3.5W MK3 L-Cheapo laser for only
Below are more videos showcasing these capabilities:
You can find the L-Cheapo for purchase here (and use promo code “sale3Dprint” to get a discount).
Learn more here. Discuss in the L-Cheapo forum at 3DPB.com.
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news from the 3D printing industry and receive information and offers from third party vendors.
You May Also Like
3D Printing News Briefs, May 27, 2023: Contract, Acquisition, Movie Prop, & More
We’re discussing Sintratec’s All-Material Platform first in today’s 3D Printing News Briefs, and then moving on to an NSF Career Award for a University of Pittsburgh research and a Phase...
Be Part of the Windform Industrial Revolution. Experience Digital Production Efficiency
When it comes to industrial 3D printing, the choice of material is crucial for achieving high-quality results. For 3 decades the range of Windform composites has been leading the way...
Construction 3D Printing Company Mighty Buildings Opens Factory in Mexico to Scale Climate-Resilient Homes
Mighty Buildings, the Oakland-based additive construction (AC) company, announced that it has opened a new factory in Monterrey, Mexico, to scale up production of its prefabricated, climate-resilient homes. Last October,...
3D Printing News Briefs, March 22, 2023: Carbon Sequestration, 3D Printed Bird Drones, & More
In 3D Printing News Briefs today, Meltio is expanding its worldwide partner network, and 3D Systems introduced its VSP Connect portal. Oregon State University and Sandia National Laboratories received a...
Upload your 3D Models and get them printed quickly and efficiently.