Today MarkForged announced that they have begun taking pre-orders for their Mark One 3D Printer.
For those that aren’t familiar with the printer, it is the first 3D printer that promises to print using continuous fibers of carbon fiber. The material is expected to be extra strong and extra durable. In fact the company says that it is 5 times as strong as regular ABS filament.
Priced at only $4,999 this printer is affordable enough for some designers to have in their homes.
MarkForged is offering 2 different packages for pre-order on their website.
The Standard Mark One Starter pack includes:
– Mark One 3D Printer
– MarkForged software
– Carbon fiber filament sample, 100 cm3 (6.1 in3)
– Fiberglass filament sample, 150 cm3 (9.2 in3)
– Nylon filament, 1000 cm3 (61 in3)
– PLA filament, 1000 cm3 (61 in3)
– 2 x CFF Quick-change nozzle
– 2 x FFF Quick-change nozzle
It is priced at $4,999
The Developer Kit of the Mark One includes:
– Mark One 3D Printer. Earliest ship date*.
– MarkForged software. Premium software support.
– Kevlar® filament, 300 cm3 (18.3 in3)
– Carbon fiber filament, 200 cm3 (12.2 in3)
– Fiberglass filament, 300 cm3 (18.3 in3)
– Nylon filament, 2000 cm3 (122 in3)
– PLA filament, 2000 cm3 (122 in3)
– 5 x CFF Quick-change nozzle
– 5 x FFF Quick-change nozzle
– 2 additional print beds
This one is priced at $8,799.
Pre-orders are expected to ship sometime in the second half of 2014, with the Developer Kits shipping first.
Are you pre-ordering? Discuss this printer 3DPrintBoard