While innovators usually expect issues while working on a great idea or a new invention, life is so much easier when we have the tools to repair, refine, and work more efficiently. MakePrintable has been at the forefront of such activity for years now—and we have followed as they have offered their services for better 3D printing file setup, file fixes, and repair services.
Now, the San-Mateo-headquartered solutions company is rolling out a system for better user efficiency in 3D printing. Workflows is a powerful and customizable tool, meant to offer 3D printing enthusiasts an even smoother process. A long list of new features allows flexibility and optimization via a wide (and continually growing) set of nodes.
MakePrintable’s new workflow building tool allows users to repair and prepare 3D models quickly—and then ‘run files with a single click.’ All the greatest benefits usually associated with 3D printing itself are readily apparent in Workflows too, with a strong emphasis on convenience for the user, expediency, and better turnaround time in work.
The application itself is visually appealing, easy to use, and typical of MakePrintable’s approach toward making life easier for the 3D printing user.
“Automating the 3D printing workflow of our users and optimizing time and cost is part of our core mission; with this addition we aim at giving our user base more freedom, flexibility and power to customize how their 3D files get prepared for 3D printing and allow them to build complex workflows that execute with a single click of a button whether on a medical file, a prototype or a final product,” Baha Abunojaim, CTO of MakePrintable, told 3DPrint.com.
- Main fixer mammoth – repair your models with the algorithm mammoth.
- Analyzer – examine comprehensive printability of models.
- Convert – to .stl, .obj, or .3mf files.
- Close holes – repair mesh as necessary for 3D models.
- Reduce the polygon count – within your 3D model’s mesh.
- Grader – rate your 3D model.
- Transform – along the x, y, and z axes.
- Mirror – move your 3D model around in all directions.
- G-Code Reverser – go back to either an .obj or .stl file.
- Dicom converter – ready medical files for the 3D printing process.
- Packer – fit as many parts as possible on the 3D printer bed for simultaneous production.
- Slic3r – slice your 3D model from the cloud.
- Secondary fixer – smooth out rough surfaces.
- Thumbnail generator – add a .png thumbnail to each 3D model.
Check out the informative video below to see exactly how easily the whole application works:
What do you think of this news? Let us know your thoughts! Join the discussion of this and other 3D printing topics at 3DPrintBoard.com or share your thoughts below.[Source / Images: MakePrintable]
You May Also Like
Dream 3D Printing Soonicorns: Essentium, ICON & More
As of July 2021, 291 companies achieved the coveted mythical $1 billion status, far surpassing any previous year’s peak, according to financial platform Crunchbase. With 2021 proving to be a...
Massive 3D Printed Park Erected in Shenzen, China
Forget the mutually reinforcing buildup of their respective militaries – the real battle between the United States and China is in the field of 3D printing! You’ve probably heard of...
3D Printing Innovator’s Roundtable Webinar: Ditching DfAM and Embracing Design Freedom
In an industry where change is constant and unpredictable, professionals across the manufacturing industry have turned to additive manufacturing (AM) to overcome design and supply chain challenges. But conventional AM...
Startup Accelerator, Singapore: Dental 3D Printing, Services, and More
This is the eighth article detailing the 3D printing startup scene in Singapore. Teehee Dental Works Teehee Dental Works is a dental lab and dentist with a difference. Along with...
View our broad assortment of in house and third party products.